User Avatar Image

Q&A With the Team

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 40.6K users
Welcome to the secret forum! As a thank you for pre-ordering, we've created this little backstage area where you can hang out with the development team, keep an eye on the development of Tales of Monkey Island, and hopefully get your hands on things before we go wide with them to the public.

First off, though, let's start a Q&A thread!

Any questions you've got for the development team, ask 'em here!
We'll try to dogpile this thread with high quality facts and higher quality lies conversation!
1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • since the clock just passed 13 here in norway, my guess is AT LEAST another hour... Thnx a lot TT! Meh.
  • Whilst we're waiting, I'm gonna resurrect the "which MI is best" discussion (I missed it whilst I was sleeping).
    I played them all in the correct order (woo!) and I have to admit I like them in this order: Curse, Revenge, Secret, Escape.

For me, Curse was everything I'd always hope for from a more advanced tech Monkey Island. The combination of the art, music and voices was so beautiful and it really immersed me in the world. For me it's a game experience unlike any other.
    I loved the twist ending on Revenge, and overall it's probably the best game from a puzzle point of view. I recognise it's brilliance, but I'm afraid Curse's charm wins for me.

I also quite enjoyed the way Curse tied up the loose ends from the end of Revenge. I don't like the idea that different designers had different ideas for the story of MI3, it makes me feel cheated as a follower of the series. So I just go along with whatever makes it into an official game, so I can have some sort of series story to follow. And it wasn't hard to agree with whatever Curse was telling me!
  • It's 4:10AM in California. At least 4-6 hours until it happens. There's really no point by going what time/date it is in your timezone.
  • Uk time 12:10
    i have to leave for work at 2! then not back till 11! bad times!
  • Is the game there yet?
  • SMI fav for me... I was at an impressionable age. Everything was just perfect.
  • theepgood;148016 said:
    Uk time 12:10
    i have to leave for work at 2! then not back till 11! bad times!
    I live in the netherlands, eg 1 hour later then you 13.10 here. Have to work at 3 and not be back till 12. That's exactly the same timeslot.
    But I know for sure that I'll be getting home earlier then you and play it just a few little seconds before you get to play it MUAHAHAHAHAHA
  • I can see the next 5 months being like this. kinda spooky.
  • ooohhhh I'm so excited ^_^

what times are people thinking so far??
  • Not sure if anyone has asked this yet - Is this forum now locked in terms of new users then?
Add Comment