User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Ch. 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal - Narwhal has Launched

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 7K users
New thread now that the game's out! Looking for the original anticipation thread? it's here.

Tales of Monkey Island
Launch of the Screaming Narwhal

Monkey Island's back after far too long away, returning July 7th with the first of a five-chapter story, "Launch of the Screaming Narwhal." Woo! What will happen? We don't want to tell, but some people love to guess.

It's out!

Already own the game?
Download it!

Lookin for the demo?
Demo it!

More info about Tales of MI
On the official site!
Also the FAQ!

Buy it...
... from the store!

Game's out! Everyone who's playing it... let's talk about it!
271 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just played through the demo and it was awesome. I'm wandering what Guybrush's Treasure Hunt mini-game. Is it an in-game mini-game ala the Sam & Max mini-games or is it a completely separate entity?
  • Huzza! I've been waiting ages! THANKYOU!!
  • Yeay! I just played through the Prolog and it made me laugh out loud several times! Great slapstick, great arts, great feeling :)

But, the new "walking system" (dragging the mouse to walk) is a PITA - sorry.
  • darknessofheart;149610 said:
    I'm getting the same message, but the game is moving very slow.

Yeah, same here. The menu screen alone is impossibly slow, just pointing the mouse at something takes forever. What's the problem? Sam and Max runs so smoothly on this machine...
  • The game is quite intensive on the graphics side if it's set up at anything above 3, so I'd check that out. It's mostly post-processing effects like depth of field or fog which look really good but you can live without them.
  • it stayed true is all can say after the first scenes on the ship... Finally dialogue cutoffs feel real and Guybrush is as awesome as ever... so how about i shut up right here and swap back to TOMI because I'm not going to sleep anytime soon

Waited the whole day, now I'll play the whole night

Thanks TellTale
    and best wishes to all of you working guys to be up in 5 hours for work.. I busted my leg which coincidentally happens to fit right into mi Monkey Island Masterplan
  • Omg, It's been a long day, 14hrs or so...

Thank you TellTale ^^
  • Caribbean Queen;149605 said:
    Please what is wrong? I am getting a pop-up message from website "errorundefined" and the game is not opening. I have downloaded games before - not a neophyte - so, please what is wrong here?
    Same thing here.
  • LittleBuddy;149633 said:
    The game is quite intensive on the graphics side if it's set up at anything above 3, so I'd check that out. It's mostly post-processing effects like depth of field or fog which look really good but you can live without them.
    That worked beautifully. Thanks a lot man. For those who had the same problem as me, just put the quality of graphics down to 3. Thousand thanks LittleBuddy.
Add Comment