User Avatar Image

Telltale Games should buy Autumn Moon Entertainment

posted by OCKi on - last edited - Viewed by 663 users
After an inevitable astounding success with the Tales of Monkey Island, Telltale should definitely consider buying Autumn Moon Entertainment.

Think about it!
- 2 new IPs; A Vampyre Story and Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island.
- A totally awesome 2d game engine supplementary to the one they already have.
- The artwork of Bill Tiller.

Awesome? Yes. Realistic? Hmmm.. not really. :P
21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Could be a good idea. Telltale is much better able to distribute the games. That would also be kind of a safe venture into full-length games. I don't know the numbers behind AVS, though. Don't know if AME is actually making money or in the red.
  • I'm not even sure AME has full rights to whatever engine they're using, but optimally Double Fine, AME, and Telltale would all form together to make some kind of super-awesome ultimate studio of win. Oh and Ron Gilbert can come along too.
  • I just want information on Deathspank already! Let the studios do their job and the time for mergings will come by itself.
  • I'd love for them to work together on a game, but I'm not a fan of companies buying out other companies.
  • But that's life. It's just the natural course of things. Otherwise there would be gazillions of companies in the world. All companies can't grow, some have to be consumed by others. It's not a bad thing. Not always, anyway.
  • vampyre story looked fun. I didn't buy it though (still might). Has anyone here played it? How does it compare with the MI series or Telltale games?
  • Alucard;160192 said:
    vampyre story looked fun. I didn't buy it though (still might). Has anyone here played it? How does it compare with the MI series or Telltale games?
    The graphics are fantastic, but the puzzles and humor is a bit hit-and-miss.
  • It's good, the jokes hit at least me much better than most other new adventure games. Some of the puzzles don't work as well as you'd hope, but it's really solid and definitely worth supporting with a bit of money their way.

Considering how disappointed I was when it ended, I'd say I enjoyed it a lot.
  • Why would this be better than the situation as it is now? More small, independent companies are a good thing.
  • I agree with neon.

Variety is good.
Add Comment