User Avatar Image

TOMI-dont lauching!!!

posted by guille on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users
^^^ the game just dont lauch it dont even make an error i open it it apper in file manager but dont start i have the same problem in wallace and gromit episode 1,2,3 and sam and max season 2 so it isnt a problem of only one game it all telltale games i have.
all other games work fine
DXdiag:
NVIDIA 8400 GS geforce 512 ram
and 2048 GB ram
dac:integrated RAMDAC
display:1024*1280 (32 bit) (60 Hz)
win XP pro sp3
63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    guille;165587 said:
    i am dont sure meybe it a program becouse i dont played S&M S2 a year i upgraded some 4 months ago so i am dont so sure it the upgrade
    i think the problem is the same in all Telltale games
    i dont tried the test yet
    If you run the tests you can at least rule out some aspects of the upgrade.

If you don't want to do the tests, you should write to [email]support@telltalegames.com[/email] and send them a link to this thread, so you don't have to explain everything again.
  • the prosseor temperature dont reach the 50 it reaches the 47 after 5 minutes and the most of the time it was in 41
    it E5200 prossesor
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    guille;165597 said:
    the prosseor temperature dont reach the 50 it reaches the 47 after 5 minutes and the most of the time it was in 41
    it E5200 prossesor
    That's a good sign. At least your system doesn't overheat, even if it runs under maximum CPU Load.

Did the program show any error messages in the text windows?
    Sorry, i should have mentioned that earlier, because that's what it's all about. The temperature monitoring was just a safety measure to prevent hardware damage by overheating.

It would look like the red Worker Thread in this Picture.
  • so what i need to do i prefer a simpler solution
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    Try Will's msconfig solution. If that works, we can take a closer look as of why.
  • dont worked, have another idea?
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    guille;165747 said:
    dont worked, have another idea?
    If msconfig and the processor test didn't help I would do the memory test if i was in your position. You just have to burn the program to a cd and run it. But do it when you don't need your system for maybe an hour. I don't exactly know how long 1 pass might take, but in many cases errors show up pretty early anyway. If you see the first sign of red you can abort the test and come back here to report.
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    I did not notice it between all the things you tried. Did you update DirectX to the latest Version already?
  • tried updating
    dont work
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    Okay, then tell me when you are done with the memory test.
This discussion has been closed.