User Avatar Image

PETITION to Telltale Games to translate Tales of Monkey Island into SPANISH

posted by trape on - last edited - Viewed by 7.4K users
Before I start, give my congratulations on the great work you are doing specially to Telltale Games that have revived this great saga.

I am a boy of 18 years in Spain, as is my normal level of English is not very high. I have been a good little fan of this saga since Monkey Island 1. I would like you to putt the subtitles in Spanish, althought take many months to make, I will wait, but I would like enjoy 100% of the game and all of his jokes that I thint thar are great, but because of my level of English I don't understand all.

Thank you very much for your attention and I hope that in some month I will see a pack of Tales of Monkey Island in Spanish, which I and a lot of fans that they are in Spain will buy it, so the sales would be secured.

PD:Sorry for my bad english :( and thanks again!
198 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ¿Tienes un link o prueba oficial donde TTG asegure que ToMI no va a salir en español?

Además, cuándo entenderéis de una puñetera vez que TTG NO hace las traducciones, son los EDITORES en Europa los que localizan los juegos. Todos vuestros berrinches, lloriqueos y pataletas no van a cambiar la situación. Si esperasteis 9 años para jugar un nuevo Monkey Island, esperad un año más la localización del juego o haced algo con vuestras vidas y aprended inglés mientras jugáis... ¿o es demasiado esfuerzo?

PD/ Si no quieres aprender inglés, al menos aprende a escribir en tu propio idioma de forma decente.
    Quejarse nunca viene de mas, conformarse solo a traido siempre que ignorasen a los usuarios, como a pasado por ejemplo con metal gear cuando se cambia su doblaje y la gente lo ignoro y compro en masa, al ver que funciona ¿que hicieron? pues nada seguir con lo mismo, que lo vayan a traducir mas adelante, si al menos ven que hay gente que le importa hay mas posibilidades, si ven que a la gente le da igual.

hay muchas menos es un poco de cabeza, quizas en vez de insultar a la gente deberias pensar reflexionar y luego responder.

y mientras la gente hace algo en sus vidas y aprende el ingles de un videojuego que les servira de mucho en la vida aprender el ingles de monkey island seguro que con eso pueden defenderse en la vida cotidiana.... :D:D

porque no haces algo tu tambien en la vida y aprendes a respetar a los demas que no les guste algo, ¿oh tienen que opinar, decir y hacer lo que a ti te de la gana?.

Lo siento señor/a Franco murio hace tiempo.

Cya

by the other hand, please translate the game telltale games boys.
  • nikasaur;165950 said:
    This issue is being discussed, but we don't have any information to share. When we know, you will know, rest assured.
    I wouldn't mind to wait as much as needed if that means LucasArts handling the localization and investing as much as they did in previous installments, assuming they still have the willing to do that.

Please don't take all these petitions and moans to do a quick and sudden, but rather poor and rushed effort. Monkey Island deserves more.
  • David_Keen;166038 said:
    Lo siento señor/a Franco murio hace tiempo.
    JAJAJA, soy cubano, compañero. Ya ves lo que me importa Franco :D

This will be my final reply to this topic as a TTG representative already stated that the translations "are coming". It might appear that I'm against it which is not the case as even I would like to try some Spanish subs. Sorry if my somewhat harsh replies to this topic offended anyone.
  • Wesker_;166055 said:
    ...if that means LucasArts handling the localization and investing as much as they did in previous installments, assuming they still have the willing to do that. "
    Agree, this is a good idea.
    LucasArts always did localizations to their games, and assuming that the license is still owned by them, they would lend a hand to Telltale and make the translations "in EFIGS (English French Italian German and Spanish), like JediMudkip from LucasArts in their forums said

At last, It's Monkey Island "from LucasArts", not any other unknown game and Telltale seems to can't handle the big quantity of tasks
  • NewWendigo;159095 said:
    List of languages by number of native speakers

The World's Most Widely Spoken Languages

Spanish is the 3rd or the 2nd most widely spoken language.
    The numbers on the wiki page is a bit misleading, if you read the note under English, it says:
    Possibly well over 1,500,000,000 worldwide.[8] Also see List of countries by English-speaking population which numbers 850,000,000 worldwide (as a total of first and additional language spoken).
    Take a look at the countries shown on the List of countries by English-speaking population which is quite interesting when you check the European countries.
  • Im against translation to spanish because apparently they need to start learning english. And by denying them any other language than english, they will basicly run to a english teacher or start reading english ASAP because they BADLY wanna play this game.

So telltale, please do the earth a favour and dont give a crap about all this translation whining. English FTW :D :D :D :D :D
  • User Avatar Image
    OMA
    Creasy;164536 said:
    no me quede sin argumentos pero parece q no entienden, esta muy claro lo de 3Djuegos y si lo hace OTRA EMPRESA, tiene q tener el permiso de telltale games y le entra dinero a telltale games por eso, entonces no veo por que salir a decir q no van a hacer version en otro idioma.
    No veo por qué creer ciegamente lo que diga una página cualquiera en vez de lo que diga oficialmente Telltale en su sitio web.

Lo que pone en esa ya mil veces mencionada página de 3Djuegos es una interpretación/traducción de lo que les dijeron en Telltale, que a lo mejor no era con las mismas palabras exactamente y pudo ser mal interpretado. Quién sabe. Lo único que está claro y en lo que no caben malentendidos es en lo que pone Telltale oficialmente en su página:

"Will I be able to play Tales of Monkey Island in my mother tongue?

That depends. If your mother tongue is English, then you're in luck! If it's not English, well, you won't be able to yet. We do hope to localize Tales of Monkey Island in the future, but initially the episodes will be English only."

Ese texto aparece en el FAQ:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland/faq

Ahí dice claramente que esperan localizar Tales of Monkey Island en el futuro, aunque inicialmente los episodios sean sólo en inglés.

Así que ahí tienes tu prueba fehaciente de que van a hacer traducciones. Yo me creo más lo que diga directamente Telltale que lo que 3Djuegos o cualquier otra página diga sobre lo que les haya dicho Telltale ;)

___

In short: This guy keeps on repeatedly posting about this "3Djuegos" (3Dgames) website which says Telltale told them they have no plans to release localized versions of ToMI. And to that I say that it could just be a misunderstanding on their part or maybe it was poorly translated and Telltale just meant "no translations for now". The only clear thing is what's stated at the official FAQ (link above), where they say they "hope to localize Tales of Monkey Island in the future".
  • User Avatar Image
    OMA
    PirateUnwritten;166130 said:

So telltale, please do the earth a favour and dont give a crap about all this translation whining. English FTW :D :D :D :D :D
    Ok, during all this thread I've been in the "stop whining and learn English" side :)

But in fact, I've never been against the translations. I just said that they should stop whining because a translation will eventually be made anyway.

This time I'll align with their side and say:
    How would you like to have the whole game in Spanish with no subtitles? ;)
  • OMA;166133 said:
    No veo por qué creer ciegamente lo que diga una página cualquiera en vez de lo que diga oficialmente Telltale en su sitio web.

Lo que pone en esa ya mil veces mencionada página de 3Djuegos es una interpretación/traducción de lo que les dijeron en Telltale, que a lo mejor no era con las mismas palabras exactamente y pudo ser mal interpretado. Quién sabe. Lo único que está claro y en lo que no caben malentendidos es en lo que pone Telltale oficialmente en su página:

"Will I be able to play Tales of Monkey Island in my mother tongue?

That depends. If your mother tongue is English, then you're in luck! If it's not English, well, you won't be able to yet. We do hope to localize Tales of Monkey Island in the future, but initially the episodes will be English only."

Ese texto aparece en el FAQ:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland/faq

Ahí dice claramente que esperan localizar Tales of Monkey Island en el futuro, aunque inicialmente los episodios sean sólo en inglés.

Así que ahí tienes tu prueba fehaciente de que van a hacer traducciones. Yo me creo más lo que diga directamente Telltale que lo que 3Djuegos o cualquier otra página diga sobre lo que les haya dicho Telltale ;)

___

In short: This guy keeps on repeatedly posting about this "3Djuegos" (3Dgames) website which says Telltale told them they have no plans to release localized versions of ToMI. And to that I say that it could just be a misunderstanding on their part or maybe it was poorly translated and Telltale just meant "no translations for now". The only clear thing is what's stated at the official FAQ (link above), where they say they "hope to localize Tales of Monkey Island in the future".
    de donde yo vengo "esperar" no significa algo seguro.
  • User Avatar Image
    OMA
    Creasy;166141 said:
    de donde yo vengo "esperar" no significa algo seguro.
    Normalmente Telltale nunca asegura nada hasta que no haya una noticia confirmada con fecha de publicación, para no pillarse las manos. Pero vamos, en este caso yo diría que las probabilidades de que aparezcan versiones traducidas son muy, muy altas. De nuevo, estamos hablando una de las sagas de videojuegos más famosas en todo el mundo. ¿De verdad crees que van a dejarla sin traducir? ¿Sólo porque lo diga 3Djuegos? ;)

En fin, está visto que no hay manera de convencerte. Lo verás tú mismo el año que viene. No sé en qué momento del año, si a principios o a finales, pero saldrá en España subtitulado en español prácticamente seguro.

___

Now Creasy says that the text "We do hope to localize" (at the ToMI FAQ) doesn't sound like they're very sure about it :D
This discussion has been closed.