User Avatar Image

Dominic Armato Appreciation Thread

posted by PariahKing on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users
We've had some threads for "thanks" for the game, to the designers and even the lab puzzle. But there really hasn't been one for the person who re-voiced Guybrush Threepwood - the same guy who answered every question asked in the private pirate forum on this forum!

Having played the first episode of Tales and through MI:SE, I went back and tried to play MI2. MI2 is my favorite Monkey Island game and I've played it a billion times. And I was reading the dialog and something just felt missing. So I decided to turn off my favorite adventure game and wait hopefully for the day it gets a special edition. For me personally, Dominic has definitively stamped himself onto the character of Guybrush Threepwood and I can't imagine a Monkey Island game without him. MI2 is still my favorite adventure game even without him doing the voice over, but it just feels out of place now in some way now that every other game has been voiced over.

Dom did a great job in both Tales and MI:SE. My appreciation of the game was greatly enhanced by his work. I'm glad he came back and did both games.

Anyway, thanks Dom.
86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I know it. The amount of time he put into answering all those questions in the Private Pirates Forum, and the fact that he didn't get freaked out by us somewhat freaky Monkey Island nerds, was really great. He really is a nice guy who is a little overwhelmed by this large fanbase. It's as if he became the captain of the Enterprise and went to his first Star Trek convention. Dominic definitely deserves the gratitude and appreciation he gets. I'm trying not to sound like a suck up, but it's hard because I really do appreciate all the time voice actors put into their roles; but to put so much time in for the fans is just something fairly unheard of outside of conventions.
  • yes, the whole monkey island madness mania that is back wouldnt be the same without him, i was already satisfied when i first heard that he will do the voices

he and other actors are about the main reason to play special edition
  • I do not understand why we are not hearing him in all sorts of stuff... he should be cast in everything he is a very talented dude.
  • Secret said:
    and the fact that he didn't get freaked out by us somewhat freaky Monkey Island nerds, was really great.
    When I first started posting here, I will admit I was in extreme shock and made some disturbing overly emotional posts and went with overkill with my appreciation. Probably to the point of awkwardness for everyone involved. >_>

And yeah I guess this is kind of a "suck up" thread but, who cares?
    Irishmile said:

I do not understand why we are not hearing him in all sorts of stuff... he should be cast in everything he is a very talented dude.
    Definitely.
  • Answering our questions is something not even Chuck Norris would do. Shows he has balls.
  • Thank you Dom for your amazing vocal chords...
    That came out wrong.
  • Definitely - keep up the great work. I never really liked the "talkie" MI3&4 games, having grown up on the text adventures, but I think that was probably because I had the misfortune of playing them dubbed in German. Dom's the perfect Guybrush!
  • He answered everyone of our questions.

Even the stupid ones.

What celebrity does that?

Only the coolest I say. Thanks Dom.
Add Comment