User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 51.6K users
basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore
3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Kord;174956 said:
    BTW, in the old Secret of Monkey Island, is that Max in the picture in the Scumm Bar kitchen? Looks a bit like it.
    Pretty sure that's supposed to resemble the Pillsbury dough boy.
  • Marvel Vs Capcom 2: I suck at this, getting better at stringing combos together though. Current team is Cycle, Venom and War Machine.
  • Street Fighter 4 PC - The best version of the best fighting game.
    Bionic Commando 2009 - Extremely underrated game
    Fallout 3 - Having to start again after an unavoidable HD format is heartbreaking.
    Cryostasis - Just started after finally having a computer powerful enough to actually run it. Already shitting me up.
    Call Of Juarez Bound In Blood - Best western on the PC.
  • Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded
    Penumbra: Requiem
  • Just finished Gradius Rebirth, and have been working on Far Cry 2 and CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder.
  • I play several games at a time (which sucks... because I tend to get the stories mixed up... well unless I have beaten the game before)

Fable 2 (Xbox 360)
    Shenmue (Dreamcast)
    Skies of Arcadia Legends (Gamecube... although I'm playing it on my wii)
    Tales of Phantasia- Fan Translation (SNES-ROM) *I have the GBA version... but the translation sucked*
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64 ROM) *I do have the cartridge though*
    Wallace & Gromit: The Last Resort (PC)
  • Kord;174956 said:
    The costume shop would be rather in in LeChuck's Revenge, I guess, not in the first game.

BTW, in the old Secret of Monkey Island, is that Max in the picture in the Scumm Bar kitchen? Looks a bit like it.
    (BTW, I thought the SE of the game we ok, but the original is much more playable with the verb interface close by...., and for me personally, the old graphics had a real feel-good effect to me, whereas the new ones looked a bit...je ne sais quoi, and the dialogue was not as I had imagined it for 20 years, :mad: lol, I guess I am too old for this :) )
    Nope the kitchen picture is the Pillsbury Doughboy.
  • i borrowed henry hatsworth from my aunt its just amazing you people should look it up
  • I am currently playing 3 skulls of the toltecs, which is the prequel to the westerner (wanted: a wild western adventure), 3 skulls is the first in the Fenimore Fillmore series of games. You can find links here.

http://game-s-freak.blogspot.com/2007/11/free-download-3-skulls-of-toltecs.html
    Download the 5 part rar, forget the other version. Mount the folder and run install from dosbox then run 3skulls.bat or you may not be able to get sound. Copy the english.pdi folder into the installed folder with 3skulls.bat for the next time you play, mount the installed folder next time you play.

Also I have been playing the Valhalla games. I used to love playing these on the Amiga. Get them from here and support the company. The first episode is free to try out.

http://www.vulcan.co.uk/classics/index.php
    Also, hassle the company for info on the new 4th game. :)
  • Plants vs Zombies (By the way there's a zombie on your lawn)
    Left 4 Dead (Oh god not PILLS HERE!)
    and maybe I'll start to play Team Fortress 2 again.
Add Comment