User Avatar Image

How do I skip past dialogue?

posted by bekele on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users
This is kind of a dumb question, but what key can I press to jump past dialogue I've already listened to? I've tried seemingly every key on the keyboard, but nothing seems to work. Help would be appreciated, thanks much!
14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think right-clicking might do it, but I'm not sure about that. That's how it's done in Sam and Max, but I don't remember how it's done in TOMI (been nearly a month since I've played it).
  • Yeah, right clicking will do it.
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    Jace Taran;179521 said:
    I think right-clicking might do it, but I'm not sure about that. That's how it's done in Sam and Max, but I don't remember how it's done in TOMI (been nearly a month since I've played it).
    It is, but I think he is looking for a keyboard solution. Ron Gilbert would have made it the classic ".", because it ends a sentence.
  • The dot would be the most natural way, like in the old days. I don't understand why they don't use it at TTG.
  • I prefer the mouse click to skip sentence instead of '.' key. I makes sense but clicking the mouse during dialog feels more natural. Also, I just realised the SMI: SE does not support single sentences skipping ('.' key does nothing) You can only skip full cutscenes or full dialogs (in the SE mode, not the Classic)
  • can't you press backspace in SMI:SE?
  • tmfm2000;179524 said:
    The dot would be the most natural way, like in the old days. I don't understand why they don't use it at TTG.
    I disagree, personally. I've always found right click to be the most natural, and it's what's used in the majority of games I play on PC. What other games use the period key to skip dialogue?
  • Lennie Melvin;179631 said:
    can't you press backspace in SMI:SE?
    Backspace skips entire dialogs or cutscenes. Doesn't work with single sentences. :(
  • Rather Dashing;179636 said:
    I disagree, personally. I've always found right click to be the most natural, and it's what's used in the majority of games I play on PC. What other games use the period key to skip dialogue?
    Sam and Max Hit the Road
    Day of the Tentacle
    Monkey Island 1,2

basically all LucasArts adventure games.

But I agree, right click makes a lot more sense.
  • hansschmucker;179658 said:
    Sam and Max Hit the Road
    Day of the Tentacle
    Monkey Island 1,2

basically all LucasArts adventure games.

But I agree, right click makes a lot more sense.
    I sort of meant the areaoutside of the LucasArts bubble. Which, contrary to the opinion of a lot of Monkey Island fans, actually does include a lot of games. In fact, "not LucasArts" covers the majority of adventures.
Add Comment