choices from ep1 not carrying to ep2

I'm in europe and downloaded ep2 today. It isn't using the same choices I took in ep1 and even when I replayed the last 2 sections of ep1 and restarted ep2 the same wrong choices are in place.

Comments

• Which choices does it give you?

• That I've noticed: it switched my sentinel choice (i chose Duncan) and it changed what I did when Ramsay tried to take Ethan's sister (I had stepped in to save her).

It may have other things wrong too but I haven't played enough to check

• It also seems to think I haven't played the game on my TTG account

• Yeah, but I have that problem with all my current-gen Telltale Games (TFTB and GoT)

mehigasf posted: »

It also seems to think I haven't played the game on my TTG account

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

We are currently looking into an issue where some Xbox One choice data is not carrying over properly. The Marketplace Store page was recently updated. If possible, could you please try deleting Episode 2, then starting the game and re-downloading the second episode from inside the game's Episode section from the main menu? In the episodes menu, Episode 2 should say 'Purchased but not Downloaded'. If you download the episode from there, do your choices carry over correctly?

• edited February 2015

I tried this and still no choices option on the main menu and after playing the end of Ep 2 again my choices still were not displaying. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Episode one after this and restarted the Xbox One and it still didnt resolve the issue. I think this may be server side on your end TellTale.

We are currently looking into an issue where some Xbox One choice data is not carrying over properly. The Marketplace Store page w

• Just tried that now and it didn't work

We are currently looking into an issue where some Xbox One choice data is not carrying over properly. The Marketplace Store page w

• Yep tried this still no luck

• Apparently it only records PC/MAC games in your TTG account.

This is problem for a lot of people (myself included) and there a lot of threads about it. TTG are aware and working on it but when it will be fixed or how we'll find out when it's fixed, I don't know.

It seems to me they should set up a page where they list the problems and timescales to fix them and update it daily, so we can keep a track of what's going on. It's frustrating to have to search through user threads to find the occasional comment from Telltale Staff.

mehigasf posted: »

• mehigasf posted: »

• Re-installed the game, downloaded ep2 through the game. Choices do not carry over.

• Thread: Episode 2 - I never chose Royland...

Must say I loved the episode but slightly peeved that my choice of Duncan as Ethan's hand or whatever they call it didn't go through properly. Played through it and Royland had magically stolen the job.

• It's an issue many are facing- many of their choices aren't registered.

• Sucks ass. I bought the season pass after episode 1 because I was so impressed. Now Im considering ignoring the game until all episodes are out and bugs are fixed.
    Where do you check online which choices you made - or at least which registered?

hayd24 posted: »

It's an issue many are facing- many of their choices aren't registered.

• Yet another bug with the episode telltale claims to be working on a fix but I doubt it.

• Checked my choices online. A total of ZERO registered from episode one, and only one choice registered from episode 2. Why do we bother?

• What platform do you play on. If it's Xbox then it's a bug. A lot of Xbox users have been reporting bugs.

• Yeah XBO

MosesARose posted: »

What platform do you play on. If it's Xbox then it's a bug. A lot of Xbox users have been reporting bugs.

• Then that may be the problem. I hope telltale will look into this.

Danarazzi posted: »

Yeah XBO

• Am I the only person that didn't have any issues with Episode 2?

Can you please clarify if you received a message when starting Episode 2 that 'Your Unfinished Episodes Will Be Randomly Generated', or did the episode start without displaying this message?

• No, I didn't have any issue. Xbox 360 player by the way.

Am I the only person that didn't have any issues with Episode 2?

• I did not recieve that message. The episode just began.

• edited February 2015

it's the same for everyone it doesn't tell you anything about randomly generated choices it just same default choices. And it's weird, now the episode does show up on featured on the xbox store, but if you go on add-ons it's not there. And no matter if you download it from in game or the xbox store, it always says "if you own game of thrones season pass. DO NOT purchaes this contant here as you will be charged again". But if you own the season pass it just asks you to install. So part of the problem seems to be that episode 1 is broken because it won't show you my choices because of the TT account link up not working properly, and it doesn't open up the usual download straight sort of like when you enter in an xbox code or something when you try and download it from in-game. It just sends you to that page on the xbox store. Some few people I've read have been lucky but for the most part it seems like the only way to get it to work are for people who did not buy the season pass and either bought it from the web page or the xbox store. So the reason it doesn't work seems like it could be because if you have bought the season pass you get the wrong download file.

Can you please clarify if you received a message when starting Episode 2 that 'Your Unfinished Episodes Will Be Randomly Generated', or did the episode start without displaying this message?

• I didn't buy the season pass and I'm having the same problem as everyone else. This has been an ongoing issue since Ep 1 because the "my choices" tab was never there for a lot of people.

Bacbi posted: »

it's the same for everyone it doesn't tell you anything about randomly generated choices it just same default choices. And it's we

• I didn't buy the season pass, I bought episode 2 from the xbox store and I, too, have wrong choices

Bacbi posted: »

it's the same for everyone it doesn't tell you anything about randomly generated choices it just same default choices. And it's we

For those of you experiencing the issue, were you ever offline/disconnected from the internet while playing the game? Either during Episode 1, or Episode 2?

• I was connected to the internet throughout the whole play through of episode 1

For those of you experiencing the issue, were you ever offline/disconnected from the internet while playing the game? Either during Episode 1, or Episode 2?

• Same here. I only played the first chapter (asher) of episode 2. Was connected the entire time.

mrjrules posted: »

I was connected to the internet throughout the whole play through of episode 1

• think this may be the reason. if you say you have finished episode 1 got back to selecting it and i bet you anything it says continue episode one. with all the other telltale games once you finish an episode it should say restart episode...so i think the reason the choices are not carried over is because the game thinks you have not completed episode one but you have...which is a bug telltale need to sort out...i dont know about it once you complete episode 2 though if thats the same.

• think this may be the reason. if you say you have finished episode 1 got back to selecting it and i bet you anything it says continue episode one. with all the other telltale games once you finish an episode it should say restart episode...so i think the reason the choices are not carried over is because the game thinks you have not completed episode one but you have...which is a bug telltale need to sort out...i dont know about it once you complete episode 2 though if thats the same.

• I think you are right Palmer. What's weird though in past games if you play a later episode without starting at ep1 you are prompted to randomly generate past choices (or something along those lines). Doesn't do that here in this case.

• Thread: Choices Issues

The choices I made in Ep1 have not carried over to episode 2 as the "previously on" shows choices I didn't make.
    There is no "my choices" on the menu and the website says I have yet to make any choices.
    I have completed Ep1 but yet it says "continue episode" when I hover over it (other games say "restart" episode) , and when I continue it puts me at point 6 in a loop.
    I was connected to my account and internet the whole time and re-installs do nothing.
    I live in Europe.

• Well I have the same problem, I had the same in thing during Season 1 of Walking dead, so have to play it again and hope it works that time because in my first try in Episode 2 i suddenly had Royland as Sentinel, Ethan refused helping his sister and so on.

Am I the only person that didn't have any issues with Episode 2?

• I am having the same issue as many here. I linked my account the second I downloaded episode one, before playing. It has been linked the entire time I have been playing. I have been connected to the internet also the entire time. I saw you suggest on another post deleting episode 2 and installing directly from the game, which I did. This did not fix the issue with choices carrying over, but it did add a "my choices" section that I had not seen previously. The choices are listed correctly there, but they do not carry over once I start (I am unable to see the cutscene recap beginning again at the start of episode two, as i cant click restart on it, only rewind. So I'm not 100% sure if they have not carried over. I believe they havent as Ethan is referenced as doing nothing to save his sister, whereas I know I resisted.) The first time I started episode 2 there was nothing about incomplete episode 1/generating choices, it just went straight to the recap video without my choices being correct. My gamertag is TheDarkWh1te if it helps

• Mine says restart episode 1 and my choices didn't carry over so it knows I completed the first episode

• Everyone is having this issue. When they fix this issue, it'll be updated here

• I'm sure it will be fixed in a few months...

• I was connected online the whole time also, my telltale account is linked with my xbox account, which the gamertag is Randomaniac95. I didn't make a Telltale account till after finishing episode 1, not sure if that may have affected it but I thought it was the save file saved your choices. Plus I can't find a my choices screen anywhere, so I can't see if the game saved my choices or not.

• Yup, same. I didn't chose Royland either and lo and behold in Episode 2, there he was as Sentinel. Really annoying. Haven't checked to see which choices have registered or not. I'm on Xbone too.

This discussion has been closed.