User Avatar Image

ToMI Steam Version - Error 51

posted by Sea on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users
The game absolutely will not run for me. I bought the series through Steam, and I get an error code 51. When I try to run the game manually, I get "Application Load Error: 3:0000065432" Steam support hasn't been helpful, and I've updated my video, sound and network drivers, update DX and .NET, and started to sacrifice small rodents.

Any hints on my problem?
22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    I moved this post to a new thread so it gets found easier and the other one is not disturbed by solving the problem.

I don't know much about steam though. Do you have the problem with both chapters?
  • Don't really know anything about Steam, but other reports I've found about similar error messages seem to suggest that it has to do with access rights. If you're under Vista, could you try going to the ToMI directory, right clicking and chosing "run as administrator"?
  • User Avatar Image
    Sea
    Same Error :-(
  • Could you try to re-verify your installation? If you right-click on the game in Steam, there should be an entry like "Re-verify game cache" or something like that.
  • User Avatar Image
    Sea
    Integrity of the file checks out, and I've deleted and reinstalled about five times...

I would be a shame to pay another $35 to get the game straight from TellTale... I didn't even know I could until yesterday. I don't really like Steam.
  • User Avatar Image
    Sea
    Oh.. I forgot to answer DjNDB's question... Every other game from Steam works, including the first chapter (and it still works).
  • Me neither... bad luck. The next most common thing I read about where .net related issues, but you said you already updated that. Which version do you have installed?
  • User Avatar Image
    Sea
    I have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed, and I just installed MS Visual C++ 2005 SP1. All to no avail.
  • Urgh... maybe it's simply a generic error and we should try the usual stuff: Is your desktop set to 32bit color depth?
  • User Avatar Image
    Sea
    Yep; I've tried switching it to 16-bit, changing the desktop to 800x600 and 1024x768 (right now it's in 1280x1024). I'm rerunning a repair of .NET 3.5 SP1, but I don't have high hopes for it.
This discussion has been closed.