User Avatar Image

Hotel Dusk - The Thread!

posted by Greg4cr on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users
I recently finished this, and I know that Emily has been frantically trying to track down a copy (any luck on that yet?). I figure that a few of you have been trying to hunt this little gem down.

Any thoughts?

I love it. It's an early contender for game of the year in my book. Any fan of adventure games (and I think that includes most of you) should track this down and play it.

Now, I'm interested in what Telltale could come up with for the DS.

For those who want to know more, I wrote some impressions.
28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I haven't started Phoenix Wright yet. So few adventure games come out for the DS, I like to savor them, so I probably won't start that one until I've finished Hotel Dusk. (I played the first PW game in bits and pieces over nine months!)

Regarding the DS in general, it is a wonderful system and totally worth buying. I don't own any other console but I love my DS. It is great to travel with and to play while lying around on the couch. :D
  • Here's a link to my review:

http://www.ampednews.com/gamehub/hotel-dusk-room-215-ds/review/915/

Needless to say, buying Hotel Dusk is an excellent idea.
  • Thanks guys. I will most definately be looking into it this weekend. The best graphics adventure since Grim Fandango is very high praise. I might even get my nieces into graphics adventures since they love the DS :p
  • Jake;19376 said:
    but it was surprising to suddenly have the screen flash blue and have paranormal chains and stuff come flying in in the middle of my witness interviews.
    Sounds like Hellraiser.
  • ok I broke down and bought this one at an import games shop. Haven't played it enough to give a review yet but I really like what I see so far. I really hope for more adventure games on the ds and hopefully wii.

This game reminds me a bit of eve burst error. A graphic novel anime game.

It is listed as a "top dog" at the underdogs site.

http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=1704

(note this is NOT a link to abandonware but a review)
  • Jake;19376 said:
    I'm not entirely into the supernatural amulet giving you mental lock breaking powers... that seems unnecessarily sequeley to me, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
    When I first read about that, I was really put off by it, but gameplay-wise, it basically takes some of the court action into the evidence collection sequences, which is a plus.
    Still haven't finished the game, but it seems to be getting interesting (I'm in the middle of the third case right now)
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    LuigiHann;19643 said:
    When I first read about that, I was really put off by it, but gameplay-wise, it basically takes some of the court action into the evidence collection sequences, which is a plus.
    Yeah agreed. It's already grown on me a lot. I like that it makes the evidence gathering part feel at least a little bit more than a "click everything once to win" scenario.
  • I just bought a DS Lite with Justice For All (they were out of Hotel Dusk ... aw). I love it! Thanks guys. I have Hotel Dusk on order and I figure ut should keep me until Episode 4 or Sam and Max comes along.

The first thing my brother said when he saw it was" "Why didn't you get Mario?" :D
Add Comment