Game of Thrones episode 4: Failed to download.

edited May 2015 in Game of Thrones

Hello sir/madam,

I am saddend to say this morning when I tried to download episode 4 on my laptop, it crashed at about the 97 percent mark and gave me the "Failed to download content" error. Every time I try to download the game again, it doesn't even leave the 0 percent download bar.
I downloaded the newest version of the downloader last night so I should be up to snuff, can you give me some advice please?

Edit: The issue on reinstalling and then playing the game doesnt seem to work either as the game either crashes or we just get a lonely cursor of a black screen.

Edit 2: My problem was solved in time but I rather keep this up since not everyone has this issue solved yet.

Comments

• Sorry, no advice but I had the exact same issue. I just downloaded it now because I played previous episodes on a different computer so should be latest version.

• edited May 2015

I have the exact same issue.

• It seems to be popping up everywhere, i'm glad I am not alone :)

• Hopefully, yes. Tried to restart my computer now all I get is a black screen after the whole loading screen and clicking 'Click to begin'. Is everyone else on PC?

• Same thing happened to me. The episode became available earlier than we thought it would, but we still can't play it sigh Very frustrating!

• Maybe the issue will fix itself in a few hours?

• SAME HERE GUYS! Really trying to play the game right now but its not downloading! :(

• I got past the black screen by reinstalling my game again, but now whenever I try to download episode 4, my game crashes completely :(

• any luck yet? :(

Gorvar posted: »

It seems to be popping up everywhere, i'm glad I am not alone

• THIS SUCKS! GET YOUR shite together Telltale >:(

baka_bby posted: »

I got past the black screen by reinstalling my game again, but now whenever I try to download episode 4, my game crashes completely

• Me too. I have a stupid stomach bug and the only thing that was making my day feel slightly less crappy was playing Ep. 4 :(

I wanted to play the game now >:( *sniff

• Yeah I had that issue to.

I got past the black screen by reinstalling my game again, but now whenever I try to download episode 4, my game crashes completely

• Yeah, not going to try to do something on my own. For the time being I think the best choice is waiting for staff to acknowledge the issue...

• edited May 2015

I wanted to play the game now >:( *sniff

J-Raven posted: »

Yeah, not going to try to do something on my own. For the time being I think the best choice is waiting for staff to acknowledge the issue...

• I've had problems with every single episode, and the same with TFTB. I really hope with future releases the same thing doesn't happen, it really takes the fun out of the game :/

• Yes I am on PC

Hopefully, yes. Tried to restart my computer now all I get is a black screen after the whole loading screen and clicking 'Click to begin'. Is everyone else on PC?

• edited May 2015

Get well soon! Hopefully this problem will get fixed soon enough to make your day a bit less crappy :-)

Me too. I have a stupid stomach bug and the only thing that was making my day feel slightly less crappy was playing Ep. 4

• Sorry to hear that dude....hope you get better soon.

Me too. I have a stupid stomach bug and the only thing that was making my day feel slightly less crappy was playing Ep. 4

• Nope, nothing yet.

any luck yet?

• NOTHING YET >:(

Gorvar posted: »

Nope, nothing yet.

• Same issue here. The episode downloads to 97% and then says "Content failed to download." I've tried restarting my computer.

• Considering how long we have to wait for new episodes, they should know many fans wait to midnight to play and WE CAN'T! *CRYING

Yes I think for the first 24hr of each new launch they should have someone on stand-by. Not continually releasing faulty episodes, leaving customers to work it out, whilst they all go to bed quite possibly sniggering.

• edited May 2015

IM REALLY TICKED! What the hell? Why can't this work and why didn't telltale except not to give any live support for the launch of a new episode? >:(

• Agreed. Keep checking in to see if I can manage to download it. So far no luck, and it is frustrating to see no response from Telltale on here as well...

IM REALLY TICKED! What the hell? Why can't this work and why didn't telltale except not to give any live support for the launch of a new episode? >:(

• Yes I think for the first 24hr of each new launch they should have someone on stand-by. Not continually releasing faulty episodes, leaving customers to work it out, whilst they all go to bed quite possibly sniggering.

• Same thing. Also on PC. 97% and then says "content failed to download".

• I agree :\ this just ruins the excitement I have for the game, and this isn't the first time I've had trouble with GOT either.

• Yep :(

Agreed. Keep checking in to see if I can manage to download it. So far no luck, and it is frustrating to see no response from Telltale on here as well...

• PC here too!

Hopefully, yes. Tried to restart my computer now all I get is a black screen after the whole loading screen and clicking 'Click to begin'. Is everyone else on PC?

• Yay! At least I'm not alone.

That's the first time I have any issue with an episode...

• All--I just downloaded Episode 4 and it works. I didn't change anything on my PC. Just waiting and try, try, try again, I guess.

• Not trying to pressure you or anything but please enjoy it for me too :)

pershin333 posted: »

All--I just downloaded Episode 4 and it works. I didn't change anything on my PC. Just waiting and try, try, try again, I guess.

• Enjoy! Hopefully we'll all be able to with you too soon :(

pershin333 posted: »

All--I just downloaded Episode 4 and it works. I didn't change anything on my PC. Just waiting and try, try, try again, I guess.

• FIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYY!

• I still have the black screen with the cursor... Oh well! Enjoy the game for those who have it!

• edited May 2015

It works for me! perhaps they fixed it

• Working for me guys, hope it works for you aswell

• Just reinstalled only to receive 'failed to download content' error at around 92%. Will keep trying as others suggest.

• This is getting ridiculous now -__-''

Just reinstalled only to receive 'failed to download content' error at around 92%. Will keep trying as others suggest.

• Weird. Upon restarting the game it said the episode was already downloaded, and would I like to install it?
    If this happens to you, do not install the episode until you have replaced your save folder. Otherwise you will need to selectively copy all E4 files from one to the other.

I am now about to play the episode!

Just reinstalled only to receive 'failed to download content' error at around 92%. Will keep trying as others suggest.

This discussion has been closed.