Game of Thrones episode 4: Failed to download.

2»

Comments

• Update, apparantly its working now on my end!

• Where is the save folder? This is actually the first time I am experiencing problems so never had to explore all those folders and fixes.

Weird. Upon restarting the game it said the episode was already downloaded, and would I like to install it? If this happens to y

• Your user folder > My Docs > Telltale > Game of Thrones (which is your save folder).

I'm off to play it now.

J-Raven posted: »

Where is the save folder? This is actually the first time I am experiencing problems so never had to explore all those folders and fixes.

• Six hours and countless bad words later and it is finally working for me too. Enjoy the game guys, I know I will!

• I see all these people starting to get it.. Hopefully it will be my turn soon!

• Same here!

RubyMoon posted: »

I see all these people starting to get it.. Hopefully it will be my turn soon!

• I'm not getting any download option at all. I just have the game telling me that Episode 4 is "coming soon!"

• Did you purchase your game from TTG or Steam? Because Steam always releases later.

Denngar posted: »

I'm not getting any download option at all. I just have the game telling me that Episode 4 is "coming soon!"

• Steam, but I swear I've always played the same day it releases for everyone else. Does seem like it's slower for Steam folks this time now that I've checked their page though.

• I'm still stuck at the black screen with the cursor...

baka_bby posted: »

Same problem, my friend! Still crashing whenever I attempt downloading ep4. What about you?

• Yeah it's normally around a couple hours after those that have purchased from the TTG site, but even I'm having my own problems downloading the game and I bought the season pass from here (sigh).

Denngar posted: »

Steam, but I swear I've always played the same day it releases for everyone else. Does seem like it's slower for Steam folks this time now that I've checked their page though.

• Still nothing baka?

Yeah it's normally around a couple hours after those that have purchased from the TTG site, but even I'm having my own problems downloading the game and I bought the season pass from here (sigh).

• Enjoy it man, you earned it.

J-Raven posted: »

Six hours and countless bad words later and it is finally working for me too. Enjoy the game guys, I know I will!

• Same problem, my friend! Still crashing whenever I attempt downloading ep4. What about you?

Still nothing baka?

• I had that problem and reinstalling helped. Hopefully that'll work for you too!

I'm still stuck at the black screen with the cursor...

• If I reinstall the game will I lose my saved games?

I had that problem and reinstalling helped. Hopefully that'll work for you too!

• When I uninstalled and reinstalled my saves were still there, but perhaps make a backup folder incase?

If I reinstall the game will I lose my saved games?

• I wouldn't know what to put in it and stuff. That's why I didn't want to mess with everything :/

When I uninstalled and reinstalled my saves were still there, but perhaps make a backup folder incase?

• Same here really, but I know from the last time I uninstalled that my saves remained, but I don't want to tell you to do that incase you lose yours ;_;

I wouldn't know what to put in it and stuff. That's why I didn't want to mess with everything

• What would you put in the back up folder?

Same here really, but I know from the last time I uninstalled that my saves remained, but I don't want to tell you to do that incase you lose yours ;_;

• I think its everything from your Game of Thrones folder in My Documents < Telltale Games, but like I said, I'm not 100% sure so D:

What would you put in the back up folder?

• Hope you don't lose your saves! (fingers crossed)

I just took everything and uninstalled it... We'll see soon enough lol

• I just took everything and uninstalled it... We'll see soon enough lol

I think its everything from your Game of Thrones folder in My Documents < Telltale Games, but like I said, I'm not 100% sure so

• I still have the black screen/cursor after re-installing it...Hopefully they'll do something about it.

Hope you don't lose your saves! (fingers crossed)

• Oh dear :/ have you tried running your game in different compatibility modes? I tried that and it didn't help but it's worth a shot I guess.

I still have the black screen/cursor after re-installing it...Hopefully they'll do something about it.

• I tried everything... The worst part is that I have the black screen and cursor and the soudn taunting me.. That's really annoying I never had any trouble with any of Telltales games before.

Oh dear have you tried running your game in different compatibility modes? I tried that and it didn't help but it's worth a shot I guess.

• That's what I was thinking when it happened to me! Haha, "don't taunt me!!!! >:-(", sadly I've had problems like this before with previous GOT eps, TFTB eps and TWDG eps, consider yourself lucky!

I tried everything... The worst part is that I have the black screen and cursor and the soudn taunting me.. That's really annoying I never had any trouble with any of Telltales games before.

• Yeah I guess I am ahah !

That's what I was thinking when it happened to me! Haha, "don't taunt me!!!! >:-(", sadly I've had problems like this before with previous GOT eps, TFTB eps and TWDG eps, consider yourself lucky!

• It's just a waiting game now till some miracle cure comes up, I guess D:

Yeah I guess I am ahah !

• That's still annoying though... Everyone seems to have it but us.

It's just a waiting game now till some miracle cure comes up, I guess

• It's now been 6-ish hours I've been trying to download this episode, I'll give it a while longer till I just give up and end up watching an LP on YouTube of it, but yeah it's really annoying ;_;

That's still annoying though... Everyone seems to have it but us.

• Does anyone know anything about the PS4 version. I'm not seeing it at all, don't even get a choice to download.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

If you are experiencing a black screen with your cursor on-screen, but you are able to hear the game's sound, please try starting the game again, and when you see the blank/black screen, please try switching the game to Windowed Mode using the shortcut (Alt+Enter for PC, Command+F for Mac) and see if you are then able to see the game correctly. If so, please then try changing the game's resolution and/or graphics settings to a lower setting, and click Apply. Then try switching back to Full Screen Mode by using the same shortcut, and your issue should then be resolved.

It's now been 6-ish hours I've been trying to download this episode, I'll give it a while longer till I just give up and end up watching an LP on YouTube of it, but yeah it's really annoying ;_;

My sincerest apologies for the delay in response. We have resolved the "Content Failed to Download" issue with an update to our servers. You should now be able to close/exit the game (Make sure it is fully closed) then start the game again while connected to the internet, and the game will automatically update and allow you to successfully download and play the new episode. Again, my apologies for any difficulties caused, and I hope you enjoy the game!

My apologies, if you were not seeing the episode as available earlier this morning, you should now be able to start the game while connected to the internet, and the game will update to show Episode 4 as available to download.

R3DV1P3R posted: »

Does anyone know anything about the PS4 version. I'm not seeing it at all, don't even get a choice to download.

• It's alright Mike, you got your own lives to life as well :)

My sincerest apologies for the delay in response. We have resolved the "Content Failed to Download" issue with an update to our se

This discussion has been closed.