User Avatar Image

You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when....

posted by raycichocki on - last edited - Viewed by 8.9K users
-When you see sword fighting in a movie you wonder if they're going to insult each other with rhyimg comebacks.

-You cringe at the idea of Monkey Kombat

-You think Guybrush is a legit name for your first born son

(add some of your own!)
233 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • - when you're beginning every conversation with "Foolish Mortal!!"

- when you're having the Voodoo Jazz theme as a ring tune..

- When you finally man yourself up to take the ultimate rollercoaster-ride at Disneyland, fully prepared the lava will turn you into a skeletal horde pirate!

- when you are dreaming about monkey pirates doing insult swordfighting with your parents.

- When you make a voodoo doll of your love-interest's boyfriend (with all the MI2 recipies), and then confront him with the doll and a sharp pin doing an endless evil laugh..

- When you feel like you've accomplished something extraordinary when you find a word that rhymes with "orange".
  • - You frighten your roommates by laughing hysterically at an injured dairy farmer
  • Friend: "So I was in town earlier... what's with the weird face?"

You: "Er nothing really; it's just you reminded me of this thing that happened in Monkey Island..."

Friend: "You and that game! So, anyway I asked Simon if he wanted to meet up but he said he was busy..."

You: "You know, that reminds me of a scene in Monkey Island where Elaine says she's washing her hair tonight..."

Ex-friend: I really don't care about Monkey Island.
  • - You were arrested for stealing "useful" objects from other peoples homes
  • - Your Facebook picture is of a Monkey Island character instead of you.
  • - You have a mad desire to hop on a plane just so you can hang out in the Monkey Island tiki bar.
  • - You collect potato chips that look like Monkey Island characters
  • Lennie Melvin;199547 said:

Ex-friend:
    - You notice when things's names change and laugh about it.

Edit: Whoops! Didn't mean to put the thumbs down! Sorry!
  • - When you greet everyone with "Plunder bunny!"

- When you get out of awkward situations by shouting "Look, a three-headed monkey!"

- When you walk outside and wait for the map screen to appear.

- When your only comeback is "Yeah? Well you fight like a dairy farmer."

- When you get confused because your college majors don't include "Mighty Pirate".

- When you try to get a job by hiding a rat in vichyssoise.

- When you refer to root beer as grog.

- When you call the Pirates of the Caribbean theme park ride the Monkey Island theme park ride.
  • when you have monkey island theme as your cellphone ringtone (like me...)
Add Comment