User Avatar Image

You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when....

posted by raycichocki on - last edited - Viewed by 9.4K users
-When you see sword fighting in a movie you wonder if they're going to insult each other with rhyimg comebacks.

-You cringe at the idea of Monkey Kombat

-You think Guybrush is a legit name for your first born son

(add some of your own!)
233 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • - When you make complex Monkey Island tributes monthly? ...:)
  • -when you don't release a game on the,,talk like a pirate day,,. Oh right that's the opposite sorry.
  • vacacionero;199681 said:
    when you have monkey island theme as your cellphone ringtone (like me...)
    So is having the MI theme tune as your ringtone a fairly common thing around here? It's been mine for a couple of years now...

- When you spend all of Sunday lunch sculpting your mashed potato into LeChuck's Fortress :o
  • This is one of the few fun threads on the board right now.
  • Silverwolfpet;199807 said:
    - When you make complex Monkey Island tributes monthly? ...:)
    Monthly!?! Is there going to be another one next month? Pleeeeasse say yes :D
  • I check this everytime I get on the computer. It never fails to make me laugh. Also, everyone has MI ringtones! Mine has been Indiana Jones for too long! TIME FOR A CHANGE! :D
  • -You played the first chapter of TOMI the DAY IT CAME OUT even though you had just gotten 4 teeth pulled and your face felt like it just got hit by a truck
  • - When you can out-geek (and scare) a room full of D&D fans with your ability to remember the minutiae of the game to the point where they actually question whether you are a little 'too into' it
  • - When you can hold your breath for 10 minutes
    - When you break into various mansions looking for the Idol of Many Hands
  • - When it comes to leading the campfire sing-along you roll out a couple of ol' Monkey Island classics much to everyone's confusion and/or dismay

- You dress up as a pirate for ANY occasion

- You engage in long arguments revolving around whether 'Guybrush' is a real name or not with your classmates

- You regard SilverWolfPet and Majus as ABSOLUTE LEGENDS :D
    raycichocki;199895 said:
    -You played the first chapter of TOMI the DAY IT CAME OUT even though you had just gotten 4 teeth pulled and your face felt like it just got hit by a truck
    - You played the first chapter of TOMI the DAY IT CAME OUT even though you had just come back from a week of tallship racing and desperately needed a hot shower and warm bed... :p
Add Comment