The manatee tongue???

Hi,

I can't remember being this stuck since it took a 10 hours (!) to finish the puzzle in CMI where you had to burn off the map from the sunbathing pirate.

Does anyone know how to get the tongue? I've been everywhere i can go but can't seem to find anything to click that I havent clacked already.

Thanks!

Oh no spoilers please just hints

Comments

• edited September 2009
    i did some fancy sword tricks and think i'm on my way.
  • edited September 2009
    Do you know where it is?
    Have you been everywhere underwater?
  • edited September 2009
    Care to lend me a little hand...or hook?
  • edited September 2009
    Care to lend me a little hand...or hook?

With what?
  • edited September 2009
    I can't find that tongue. :( It doesn't seem to be inside the manatee or underwater. :(

EDIT: Never mind. Got it. :)
  • edited September 2009
    Well, first you need the pirates to actually tell you where it is...
  • edited September 2009
    I can't find that tongue. :( It doesn't seem to be inside the manatee or underwater. :(

Umm...
    the tounge is the drinking goblet/horn-thingy Moose used, and it might not be where he left it, but instead in another place within the stomach.
  • edited September 2009
    Olegdr wrote: »
    Well, first you need the pirates to actually tell you where it is...

How exactly would that be done? I've tried everything and still can't figure it out.
  • edited September 2009
    Well, Moose is pretty much linked to Murr...uh Santino...so whatever happens to Santino, he'll react to that. ;)

But I have no idea how I'm supposed to learn it's language without being on Floatsome - just talking to the manatee doesn't do the trick. :(
  • edited September 2009
    Well, I've already "taken care" of Santino, but unless I've missed something, the only option I have with Moose when talking to him is "I'll talk to you later".
  • edited September 2009
    If that's the only option, you might want to take a long walk off a short plank. ;)
  • edited September 2009
    I'm starting to think maybe I have a glitch. >_>
  • jrcjrc
    edited September 2009
    OK, I've been stuck for 2 hours trying to find that tongue, where is it? I've searched underwater and inside the manatee, does it require breaking Moose?
  • jrcjrc
    edited September 2009

EDIT: Never mind. Got it. :)

Please tell me how you got the tongue.
  • edited September 2009
    The tongue only becomes available once you are told by decava's old crew, where to find it. There's no point in looking otherwise. Once they tell you it will be right there as they said.
  • jrcjrc
    edited September 2009
    The tongue only becomes available once you are told by decava's old crew, where to find it. There's no point in looking otherwise. Once they tell you it will be right there as they said.

OK then how do you get Moose to spill the beans?

Never mind..............
  • edited September 2009
    Moose is pretty empowered having his buddy Santino by his side. But what if Santino wasn't there. ;)
  • jrcjrc
    edited September 2009
    Moose is pretty empowered having his buddy Santino by his side. But what if Santino wasn't there. ;)

Yeah I dealt with Moose but now can't reach the tongue. Bongos don't keep the bile up.
  • edited September 2009
    See if you have anything in your inventory that will beat the drums for you.
  • jrcjrc
    edited September 2009
    See if you have anything in your inventory that will beat the drums for you.

I would have NEVER thought of that, thanks.
  • edited September 2009
    I took murry out of the picture but I have no speech options with moose. I tried scaring the dorky guy by copying the nun's face but it didn't work, am I missing something?

I learned to speak manatee, and have looked through the stomach and can't find anything.
  • edited September 2009
    If copying the nuns face didn't work after taking out murray then you are doing it wrong. Look at the picture of the nun again. The direction of the eyes here may be misleading.
  • edited September 2009
    How do you get rid of Murray?
  • edited September 2009
    What's this nuns face people are talking about? I'm stuck on Noogie and I never came across an image of a nun.

Hint please?
  • edited September 2009
    Look through the captains chest up at the stearing wheel
  • edited September 2009
    btw, is you supposed to be eaten by the manatee? how?
  • edited September 2009
    Do you have something Manatees like to eat that you could offer up?
  • edited September 2009
    get my brain back to flotsam? learning manatee... hints have the tongue already but i cant understand the language
  • edited September 2009
    Have you had a good look around the top deck where Decava is? Maybe something there could help you get back to Flotsam to learn Manatee.
  • edited September 2009
    okay... spoil me im still stuck ><
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2009
    Lookat locket?
  • edited September 2009
    okay... spoil me im still stuck ><
    Here's a set of clues. #1 is the least obvious, moving on upwards to the full answer.

You've seen a mind travel to another body before. Remember?

Look more closely. See something that might say which way the spell goes?

You have to turn the arrow around. How can do you that?

Have you searched the ocean floor meticulously enough?

You have a wrench. Use it to turn the arrow around.

The spell seems to have something to do with the pictures in the locket.

You need to get to Flotsam without setting foot on flotsam.

Do you have anything that might fit in the slot?

Put the picture of Guybrush in the square slot. Press the button, and you're on Flotsam!
  • edited September 2009
    You have to turn the arrow around. How can do you that?
    You have a wrench. Use it to turn the arrow around.
    When I use
    wrench on sign, he says 'no bolts to turn here'
    ? and I
    swapped
    the
    photo in the locket
    already. :confused:
  • edited September 2009
    PedsterUK wrote: »
    When I use
    wrench on sign, he says 'no bolts to turn here'
    ? and I
    swapped
    the
    photo in the locket
    already. :confused:

first zoom in on the locket, and use the wrench not on the locket but on the specific piece of the locket!
  • edited September 2009
    sirono wrote: »
    first zoom in on the locket, and use the wrench not on the locket but on the specific piece of the locket!
    OMG....... its the
    button
    that needs to
    turn
    , not the
    sign
    lol
  • edited September 2009
    PedsterUK wrote: »
    OMG....... its the
    button
    that needs to
    turn
    , not the
    sign
    lol

congratulations young and not-yet-so-mighty pirate
  • edited September 2009
    Equlizer wrote: »
    How do you get rid of Murray?

The same way you got Murray his body in the first place.
  • edited September 2009
    Hi!
    I can't seem to find the manatee's tongue anywhere.
    Moose has told me that it is still in the manatees stomach and I have put the floppy fish on the bongos to raise the bile. But when I go to the pool of bile the manatee's tongue isn't there. Please help.

Edit
    I have gone to the locket and learned how to understand and speak manatee so all I need is the tounge.
  • edited October 2009
    brobde wrote: »
    Hi!
    I can't seem to find the manatee's tongue anywhere.
    Moose has told me that it is still in the manatees stomach and I have put the floppy fish on the bongos to raise the bile. But when I go to the pool of bile the manatee's tongue isn't there. Please help.

Edit
    I have gone to the locket and learned how to understand and speak manatee so all I need is the tounge.

EXACTLY the same problem.
    Moose told me where it is. I learned the language. I raised the bile.
    So wheres the tongue? Is it proposed to swim in the bile? Cause theres nothing swimming in that bile. Can somebody upload a screen of the location of that tounge. Hopefully its not a glitch/bug. Or iam 5h to stupid to locate and see this tounge.

Plz help :(
    thats frustrating
  • edited October 2009
    schilkschi wrote: »
    EXACTLY the same problem.
    Moose told me where it is. I learned the language. I raised the bile.
    So wheres the tongue? Is it proposed to swim in the bile? Cause theres nothing swimming in that bile. Can somebody upload a screen of the location of that tounge. Hopefully its not a glitch/bug. Or iam 5h to stupid to locate and see this tounge.

Plz help :(
    thats frustrating

Its the same over here ... exactly the same. Sounds like a bug/glitch to me now, but still frustrating !
    The only thing i thought about is, that i raised the bile before i went down to it. Maybe you have to go down first, see the tongue in the bile and raise it after. but i dunno ... so help or a save file would be really appreciated.
    greetz
Sign in to comment in this discussion.