User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island - Romance Appreciation Thread

posted by Mermaid on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users
There have been quite a number of Morgan / Elaine / whatsoever appreciation threads in here lately. That gave me the idea of summing it up in one short video about the romantic going-ons in the series so far.

So here's to everyone of you hopeless romantics (spoilers, ye be warned):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIqDGVfmAW0

Enjoy!
42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • BeeKay84;207182 said:
    I don't think this would be "True MI style"....
    Neither do I. Sort of reminds me of the time when I was an X-phile as a teen and desperately wanted Mulder and Scully to come together. It took yeeears before they finally ALMOST kissed in the first movie picture - and yet they didn't because Scully got stung by a bee that very moment and turned her head away. I still hear the gasping from the audience. :D

Part of this love story's / game's success lies in keeping up suspense.
  • The lack of the two manatees in this video disturbs me.

"They're holding hands! Well, flippers..."
  • There's only one romance meant for this game, and thats MurrayxMorgan
  • Morgan and Guybrush should get together, and Elaine and LeChuck should get together (both as evil zombie pirates). Who's with me?
  • StansCoffins;207376 said:
    The lack of the two manatees in this video disturbs me.

"They're holding hands! Well, flippers..."
    OMG..you're right. Need to put them in somewhere...or maybe make another video about the manatee romance in TOMI.
  • User Avatar Image
    Con
    Fealiks;207383 said:
    Morgan and Guybrush should get together
    Would they then become pirates or pirate hunters?
  • Fealiks;207383 said:
    Morgan and Guybrush should get together, and Elaine and LeChuck should get together (both as evil zombie pirates). Who's with me?
    Me. Well, sort of. The zombie pirate bit isn't a must but I think that after all those years of fighting and evil plotting LeChuck has finally deserved to have Elaine. Plus it's getting ridiculous in my eyes that so many attempts she'd still slip away from him.

Ron Gilbert never wanted Guybrush and Elaine to marry, we all know that, but I wonder how he would have developed the LeChuck-Elaine aspect in his MI 3?
  • BeeKay84;207182 said:
    I don't think this would be "True MI style". I don't remember anyone in an MI game kissing before - not even Guybrush and Elaine. Well, if you don't count that anonymous couple in front of the stairs of Elaine's Booty Island mansion in MI2...
    Okay, its not MI style.. I'd still like to see it. *sticks tongue out*
  • Mermaid;207395 said:
    Ron Gilbert never wanted Guybrush and Elaine to marry, we all know that, but I wonder how he would have developed the LeChuck-Elaine aspect in his MI 3?
    I doubt he would have at all. The LeChuck in MI2 had very little interest in Elaine, as if he'd got over her now his hatred for Guybrush had become his latest obsession. I found him more interesting in that way. Then in Curse he turned into a lovesick puppy again.
Add Comment