User Avatar Image

Broken Sword GBA?

posted by natlinxz on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users
I keep seeing a remake of Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (for Gameboy Advance) for really cheap in the "bargain bin" at game stores. I'm very tempted to buy it, but I've never actually played a broken sword game, so would this be a good place to start?
23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I haven't tried the GBA version, but I'm sure you'll be better off with the PC version.
  • natlinxz;209253 said:
    I keep seeing a remake of Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (for Gameboy Advance) for really cheap in the "bargain bin" at game stores. I'm very tempted to buy it, but I've never actually played a broken sword game, so would this be a good place to start?
    No, not worth it in the slightest.
  • natlinxz;209253 said:
    I'd recommend picking up the Wii version of the game (it's the director's cut, with new puzzles and locations), if you've got a Wii, you should be able to pick it up for around $20-$30 US. (There's a DS version of it as well, but I imagine it'd be rather difficult to play on such a small screen.)

If not, go for the good old PC version, you can grab it for £4.88 at this site, and it includes the second game too.
  • I had a quick go at the gba one a while back, it wasn't great. The graphics were a bit meh.

I'm still debating whether or not I should download the remake for DS. Everyone here seems to think it's really good, and that broken sword 3 was the emi of the series.
  • Fury;209272 said:
    I'm still debating whether or not I should visit my local game retailer and legally acquire a copy of the remake for DS. Everyone here seems to think it's really good, and that broken sword 3 was the emi of the series.
    The remake is great, but if you have a Wii, I'd go for the Wii version instead.
  • I don't have a Wii. Wii games cost money.
  • Fury;209279 said:
    All games cost money.
    You are correct. :p
  • Wii Games cost more money.
  • Fury;209290 said:
    Wii Games cost more money.
    I picked up Broken Sword Director's Cut for Wii on ebay a few months back for only $23.99 (that's including shipping) so it's not that expensive.
  • My mom loves Broken Sword and she enjoyed the DS director's cut but said some things were actually missing from the game. I've never played it myself so I'm not sure what.
Add Comment