User Avatar Image

Elaine's changing eye color

posted by ATMachine on - last edited - Viewed by 828 users
So... not that I'm complaining or anything, but why have Elaine's eyes changed color from blue to green?

Her eyes were blue in the VGA version of MI1:

And blue again in CMI:

Now they're green:

So why the change?

Perhaps Elaine's TMI look was partly based on Steve Purcell's MI movie Elaine design (with green eyes)?
45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    I'd imagine that it was a color coordination thing -- doing what looked good. It's a continuity goof, I suppose (though as pointed out, her eye color has changed before), but hopefully a forgivable one.
  • Jake;209315 said:
    I'd imagine that it was a color coordination thing -- doing what looked good. It's a continuity goof, I suppose (though as pointed out, her eye color has changed before), but hopefully a forgivable one.
    It's ok... but Guybrush really should have noticed. Typical man!
  • Jake;209315 said:
    I forgive you, too. Happened before, no big, just made me wonder.
    guitarsareboring;209320 said:
    It's ok... but Guybrush really should have noticed. Typical man!
    Like he noticed her different voice in EMI? :p
  • I like her green eyes better.... When I painted her I gave her green eyes too.
  • BeeKay84;209322 said:
    Like he noticed her different voice in EMI? :p
    Haha good point!
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Looks like she's had just about every eye colour there is to have!

I like the green eyes / red hair combo. Telltale did a great job with their main character designs.
  • Its possible she had them changed with a minor voodoo curse.... you can explain anything with voodoo.
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Or coloured contact lenses were invented earlier than originally thought... :p
  • puzzlebox;209325 said:

I like the green eyes / red hair combo. Telltale did a great job with their main character designs.
    Yeah I like TTG concept artist he knows his stuff..... whats his name Ryan or something? I think he posted here a few times....
  • Irishmile;209326 said:
    Its possible she had them changed with a minor voodoo curse.... you can explain anything with voodoo.
    If I ever find myself in court I know what I'M saying...
Add Comment