User Avatar Image

What's Your Ideal Monkey Island Sequel?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 494 users
I was just wondering what would be a perfect Monkey Island game for you personally. I myself would just really like to see a Monkey Island game of just Guybrush, Winslow and Morgan aboard the Screaming Narwhal sailing the the caribbean seas and exploring many various islands. There would of course be some sort of plot and story to it such as maybe searching for some amazing treasure or a new world (so to speak) far away from home over the horizon. I'd just love to see a game of just these three characters with NO OTHER characters from previous MI games, but instead, running into entirely new faces everywhere they go.

It would have at least 4 or 5 islands each with large environments, ship-to-ship combat similar to that seen in Curse of Monkey Island, multiple swordfighting sequences like the Guybrush vs. Morgan one seen in Siege of Spinner Cay and 80-100 unique and charismatic characters. The game should NOT try to be too "epic" and become extremely far-fetched and un-piratey as a result. The game should have basically the same graphics as Tales of Monkey Island and should have a main group of heroes (Guybrush, Winslow and Morgan) and a main group of villains with many other minor villains along the way. It should be a good old fashioned pirate story told with plenty of classic Monkey Island humour.

I'm asking for a lot, aren't I? Some of you may not agree with my ideal Monkey Island game and chances are that most of you probably won't, so what would your ideal MI game be like?
23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Silverwolfpet;209512 said:
    Tales of Monkey Island :)
    same here ^^ Its everything i hoped for Mi 5 all thoes years and more
    Haha! Good answer, Tales is about as perfect as it gets and if the final two episodes are just as good as the first three then I think it may just be my favourite game of all time!
    Agreed. Its a near perfect sequel. My ideal Monkey Island sequel would thus be a sequel season for Tales by TTG. :D
  • My idea MI game would be 2D (Like the first three Monkey Island games) using Steve Purcell art, sort of like the first two MI games would have been if they were made today. And ofcourse, the voice-acting from the last three MI games.
  • I would love a 40hour epic in a navigation system similar to that of Curse, with some fantastic artwork fitted in around a true MI story.
    But until then, I'll be happy with Tales, forever hoping that it will lead to a larger game.
  • serweet;209526 said:
    I would love a 40hour epic in a navigation system similar to that of Curse, with some fantastic artwork fitted in around a true MI story.
    But until then, I'll be happy with Tales, forever hoping that it will lead to a larger game.
    Yeah, as brilliant as Tales is, I expect a better sequel (assuming there will be one) because Telltale are still a growing company and Tales was their FIRST attempt at an MI game which I think many of us need to remember. Telltale are doing a mighty fine job of this installment of the Monkey Island saga!... but I'm still hoping and expecting the bar to be raised for the next season.
  • Something like Curse of Monkey Island. But that'll never happen, so I'll just treasure the memories and enjoy Tales.
  • ideal? kill off winslow and morgan, make elaine more independent (maybe divorce), art direction like Purcell's movie concepts or the style of the 3d voodoo hut, bring back verbs or atleast the coin interface
  • youmaycallmemurray;209535 said:
    ideal? kill off winslow and morgan, make elaine more independent (maybe divorce), art direction like Purcell's movie concepts or the style of the 3d voodoo hut, bring back verbs or atleast the coin interface
    not winslow!!!! I don't think i could look at a map with out crying if he dies
Add Comment