User Avatar Image

You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when....

posted by raycichocki on - last edited - Viewed by 9.3K users
-When you see sword fighting in a movie you wonder if they're going to insult each other with rhyimg comebacks.

-You cringe at the idea of Monkey Kombat

-You think Guybrush is a legit name for your first born son

(add some of your own!)
233 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Important-Looking Pirate;209328 said:

when you tell people at work its international talk like a pirate day.
    And are incredulous when no one has ever heard of it.
  • [QUOTE=Nakid;208686]- When you try and use the line "Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!" to make your escape

I actually did do that. And it worked...twice I think. The third time I tripped over a chair and well...the escape didn't really work out. XD

-For Halloween you beg your roommates to get a skull and a walkie-talkie just so you can scream out "PUNY MORTALS!! PREPARE TO BE ROLLED THROUGH THE GATES OF HELL!"

-You draw a skull on your white board that is on your dorm door Murray that says "BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Happy Halloween Puny Mortals!!"

-Whenever you do laundry, and pull out of the dryer underwear, you say "Sheer, Sexy, and Playful. And pleanty support for the active pirate" and get plenty of blank stares.

-While waiting for said laundry, you start humming the Silver's Long John song.
  • - Whenever you have Roast Beef, you run down the stairs shouting, "How appropriate! You fight like a cow!"
    - Whenever you have a family Reunion you consider apes.
    - Whenever you see someone picking their nose, you hope they don't end up in a massive struggle.
    - When you think "Caught Red Handed" means they've been picking their nose..
  • When your pockets are NEVER full
  • - When you check every MI-related website several times daily!
  • - When you almost finished the surprise, while working madly day and night
  • raycichocki;202058 said:
    -When you bought "On Stranger Tides" after hearing it inspired Monkey Island
    ... after scouring every used-book and thrift store you know, because it's so very out of print, shrieking when you find a copy, holding it over your head like you were just awarded a quest item in Zelda, and reading it from cover to cover in less than two days.
  • When talking to a good friend from middleschool for the first time in awhile a few months ago, this is how the conversation went;

Me:OHMYGOD YOU ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE WHAT I JUST FOUND OUT

Her: Lemme guess; they came out with a new Monkey Island?

Me:......am I really that predictable?

Apparently, my middleschool friends still remember me being 'the girl who really liked that Monkey Island game.' Life is good. :)
  • When you have 1,199 forum posts in less than 5 months and rising.
  • ... you're eating a jawbreaker and thinking of Cut-throat Bill and the Threepwood maneuver.
Add Comment