User Avatar Image

Telltale Doctor Who Game? (Merged Threads)

posted by Dan2593 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users
How would one make a Doctor Who game?
Shooter? No
RPG? Nah
Platformer? Maybe
Top Trumps game? Really? No.
Fighter? God no
Point and Click? Yes!

So who should do it?
Rare? British, show interest in the show on twitter. But no.
Top Trumps? No. Why did they do that to begin with?
BBC? No No No No
LucasArts? Stick their name on another popular Sci Fi series? No
Telltale? Yes!
Doctor who has been practially begging for a game for years. But something so story driven is a bit difficult to put into game format. You need something that seems you are playing a tv show. A point and click could work for this. It could also help the players think. Put them in the doctors shoes as he unravels a mystery. Then an episodic content would work even better. Make it seem just like a tv series.

But what about style? How about:

I hope Telltale actually consider this one day. What about you? How do you feel on these ideas? Would they work?
194 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'd actually explode if they announce Dr. Who for next year... seriously.
  • Katsuro;214833 said:
    I'd actually explode if they announce Dr. Who for next year... seriously.
    Oh my God! Telltale killed Kenny! I mean, Katsuro!

Then again you did seem to survive your head exploding just fine ...
  • GaryCXJk;214805 said:
    I'm laughing my behind off here.

It's common knowledge Telltale first comes out with a surprise or two nobody has been expecting (but are still eager to play with) before they do something the fans want.

Just take a look at Tales of Monkey Island, which only got announced after both SBCG4AP and Wallace & Gromit. And perhaps Bone.
    LOL. What?
  • Lena_P;214846 said:
    Oh my God! Telltale killed Kenny! I mean, Katsuro!

Then again you did seem to survive your head exploding just fine ...
    I always have a spare one in the closet. Just in case.
  • Brainiac;214728 said:
    While checking out the newest Zero Punctuation, I ran across a link through The Escapist leading to some videos that made me go "what the heck?!"
    I know they look immensly good. Doctor Who is also shown in Japan but not sure if a really big hype there though has it's fan base.
    I remember Doctor Who being one of the shows a long time ago which was shown in the most countries but I don't think now but still shown in alot of places.
  • Katsuro;214970 said:
    I always have a spare one in the closet. Just in case.
    Good to know you're thinking ahead!

*crickets chirping*

Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all week!
  • I hope the daleks are in it if they do make it
  • Sailorcuteness;215410 said:
    I hope the daleks are in it if they do make it
    Maybe in last episode or the mid episode.
    Could have like Daleks and other enemies brought to attack the Doctor in different parts of the universe by an all powerful being which battles in the last chapter.
  • Sailorcuteness;215410 said:
    I hope the daleks are in it if they do make it
    I don't. They are used Far too much as it is (even Steven Moffet couldn't resist using them in series 5). I personally would prefer to see the master. It would fit Telltales style more. The daleks randomly kill people, whereas the Master is selective. He prefers to execute a giant master plan, which is better suited to a Point&Click adventure game.
  • Friar;216102 said:
    I don't. They are used Far too much as it is (even Steven Moffet couldn't resist using them in series 5).
    Wait...Series 5 is what's coming out when the Eleventh Doctor's tenure starts, which hasn't happened yet...so are you a Time Lord or what?
Add Comment