User Avatar Image

Petition to give Telltale all rights & money to make the non-episodic Monkey Island 5

posted by Lockmort on - last edited - Viewed by 828 users
I really hope from the bottom my heart Lucasarts will see what an enormous succes Tales was and they'll give Telltale the rights to make Monkey Island 5 (or 6 if you wanna count Tales as 5).

Telltale, you're doing an amazing job. Lets not forget most fans turned their backs at the series after Escape (which I still hate), but you totally turned that around.
Ofcourse you guys have major restrictions, these are all short episodes and you cant have long streching puzzles or many more optional jokes, but you still make it into perfection.

I would buy a 1000000 extra copies of Tales if that would make Lucasarts give Telltale money to make a non episodic, full blown, Monkey Island 5 game.

Please Lucasarts, have a heart, give the new kings of adventure gaming your game rights, pay them a shit load of money, and let us get Monkey Island 5!
55 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I actually really like the episodic format. It builds the suspense and makes you think about what you did and what might happen next. It's much more exciting, really...

Not that I wouldn't buy a full blown non-episodic game, but I think that Tales has made me really appreciate episodic gaming.
  • LowMoralFiber;218455 said:
    I actually really like the episodic format. It builds the suspense and makes you think about what you did and what might happen next. It's much more exciting, really...

Not that I wouldn't buy a full blown non-episodic game, but I think that Tales has made me really appreciate episodic gaming.
    Ofcourse they did and the episodes are awesome, but a full blown game with bigger puzzles and more jokes would be even awesomenederer
  • This is Monkey Island 5. I don't feel like it's a compromise like that.
  • I like the episodic format.
  • Someone who works for TTG pointed out that they themselves prefer the episodic format. And that their whole work structure is set up to support an episodic release schedule.
  • Why call it Monkey Island 5? I don't recall there ever being a Monkey Island 4 before it. And, if there were, it certainly wouldn't have ended with a giant robot monkey fighting a statue of LeChuck.
  • I like the episodic format buts thats not to say i wouldnt prefer a full blown game. The episodic format means they have to put more emphasis on story, and I would like to see a monkey island game with deeper, more involved puzzles. I still love what Telltale has done with the MI, and would look forward to further seasons if Lucasarts/TTG contine down that road but I'd still like to see more puzzles
  • Flah;218471 said:
    Why call it Monkey Island 5? I don't recall there ever being a Monkey Island 4 before it. And, if there were, it certainly wouldn't have ended with a giant robot monkey fighting a statue of LeChuck.
    Seems like we had the same nightmare.
    Imagine that and a mad Australian
  • Lockmort;218476 said:
    Seems like we had the same nightmare.
    Imagine that and a mad Australian
    You cannot be serious here. An Australian in a Monkey Island game?
    The only thing that would be worse would be puzzles with a duck.
  • It'd probably revolve around getting a hold of something silly too, like an ultimate insult or anything.
Add Comment