User Avatar Image

Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island coming out this Friday!!!

posted by Bernus on - last edited - Viewed by 8.2K users
hey beloved pirate-fans.
just want to remind, that the new Bill Tiller game Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island is coming out this friday Nov. 06 (at least in germany - dont know the release for the us-version).
maybe a good game to short the time till Ep. 5.
And no I'm no PR-guy I'm just a passionated adventure-gamer who loves pirates ^^

btw. the PR for this game is horrible. no commercials in the whole web and no demo - for a game coming out in just two days. sad...

http://www.ghostpiratesofvoojuisland.com/
211 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Their English forum states that an "official announcement" about release in other languages "will be relased pretty soon".
    This means we are DEFINITELY NOT going to get English subtitles before Episode 5 of ToMI hits ;)

Anyway, I'm skeptical. It looks like an MI ripoff. It might be good though. Who knows.....
  • what are the system specs?
  • Waiting for the International release...
  • Prob get it around Christmas time...
  • I hope it is good, while it looks nice, the way the trailer was cut didn't grab me.
  • It was originally conceived AS an MI game back when Tiller had finished CMI. He thought of a game where you play different parts as Guybrush, Elaine, and LeChuck. When he disassociated from LA and MI in general he took it this direction and now you have the game you see before you.

So let me get this straight, it's German voices? Are they going to dub in English? I've never played a subtitled game before.
  • DeLuca;221397 said:
    It was originally conceived AS an MI game back when Tiller had finished CMI. He thought of a game where you play different parts as Guybrush, Elaine, and LeChuck. When he disassociated from LA and MI in general he took it this direction and now you have the game you see before you.
    I know this sounds harsh, but I'm glad that never happened, I hate games like those. Reminds me of TA Kingdoms, what an awful sequel to a fantastic game.
    DeLuca;221397 said:
    So let me get this straight, it's German voices? Are they going to dub in English? I've never played a subtitled game before.
    You've never played the first two monkey island games?
  • I would not blame them for taking inspiration in Monkey Island. Game development takes a long time, and a year ago nobody would have guessed we´d be playing a new MI right now.

The game looks interesting, I am looking forward to it. :)
  • Zhadnost;221439 said:
    I know this sounds harsh, but I'm glad that never happened, I hate games like those.
  • DeLuca;221397 said:

Well, the trailer DID have english voices.
Add Comment