User Avatar Image

It's not Tales of Monkey Island if theres no Monkey Island

posted by Everlast on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users
Well like my post said every game always has something revolving inside the mysterious Monkey Island in which there lies the Secret that everyone speculates. We all know that the lairs of the Zombie pirate Lechuck has always been Monkey Island... So could it be that Lechuck takes Guybrush to Monkey Island???

I dont know, but im hoping for the classic monkey island to be there, and that they put the soundtrack music of SOMI. It would be cool.

So whats your take, Will there be a monkey island or not?
34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • princess zelda isnt in every legend of zelda game so we dont need to go to monkey island for it to be moneky island
  • Sailorcuteness;223912 said:
    princess zelda isnt in every legend of zelda game so we dont need to go to monkey island for it to be moneky island
    Similarly, Samus drove the entire Metroid species to extinction, but that series is still called Metroid.

And they're all called Final Fantasy even though none of them is the last one!
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Sailorcuteness;223912 said:
    princess zelda isnt in every legend of zelda game so we dont need to go to monkey island for it to be moneky island
    Ditto Broken Sword. Three sequels had "Broken Sword" in the title even though the first game was the only one to involve a broken sword (probably - it's been a while since I played them all).

Or the King's Quest series - some of the games didn't feature a king, but they were still called "King's Quest".

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Monkey Island made an appearance somewhere between [SPOILER]The Land of the Undead[/SPOILER] and Guybrush [SPOILER]returning to defeat LeChuck.[/SPOILER]
    GuruGuru214;223918 said:

And they're all called Final Fantasy even though none of them is the last one!
    Hehe, good one :)
  • They're tales in the world of Monkey Island.
  • yeah.... I think we have seen it enough to skip it unless its logical for the story.
  • Huh? We didn't visit Monkey Island in LeChuck's Rev--oh. Ugh. That's what you meant.
  • Don't be so anal. It's just inheritance from the first game.
    GuruGuru214;223724 said:
    Not to mention how they retconned it into appearing in MI2 and made it not seem like Monkey Island in Curse.
    No, that's backwards; they ret-conned it to make it seem like it was Monkey Island.
  • Which reminds me... we don't see the island anyway, only the carnival. Why they couldn't leave it on Dinky Island?
  • rather dashing;223951 said:
    huh? We didn't visit monkey island in lechuck's rev--oh. Ugh. that's what you meant.
    cmi > mi2.
  • Gotta agree with everyone else here. No point in shoe-horning it in, just for the sake of having Monkey Island in the game somewhere, it was awful in Escape and unless there's some logical part of the story that requires us going there, I don't think its needed.

We don't need to go to Monkey Island, for it to be a Monkey Island game, just as we don't need to go to one of the Halo rings, for it to be a Halo game.

Save it for the sequel, perhaps?
Add Comment