User Avatar Image

Situation Comedy won't start up

posted by tommyk on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users
When I try to start Situation Comedy, nothing happens. The process is active, but the launcher never comes up. I had no problems with Culture Shock, so this seems strange. I've tries to redownload--no change. Any help would be appreciated.
25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Could you give us your system specs, and also tell us what virus protection you're using?
  • Specs:
    Core 2 Duo e6700
    ASUS P5W DH
    2 GB G. Skill RAM
    ATI x1950XTX
    X-Fi Platinum
    AVG Free anti-virus
    Spyware Doctor

I've tried disabling both the AV and spyware programs. Still no go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • When you run the game and nothing happens, can you do ctrl-alt-del and see if a Sam & Max executable is running in the processes?
  • Yes, at least one--sometimes two, without my trying to start the game a second time. When I kill one of the processes manually, they both stop, if two are present.
  • Bump. Further help would really be appreciated.
  • We think this is a problem with the activation software. I'm following up with the company that makes that software to see if they have a fix for this.
  • Same problem with episode 3. Very frustrating. Please help.
  • Please help. The lack of further response is very frustrating.
  • Yeah, for me too, since I have been trying to get help from the people who make the software and they don't have an answer. ;)

Could you please try running the game, then bring up the task manager and send me a list (or a screenshot) of all the tasks that are running? You can post it here or send it to me in a PM. I'll send it to them and see if it makes any lightbulbs go off.
  • Here is the screenshot of the task manager. Hope it helps. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.