User Avatar Image

Monkey Island on the cover of Retro Gamer

posted by Kaladron on - last edited - Viewed by 5K users

There's a story about this on the Telltale Buzz today but I was a bit concerned that many of you would have missed it. Retro Gamer magazine has just released issue 70 and it's a Monkey Island special. LeChuck is on the cover as you can see and the inside features an 8-page history of the series and brand new interviews with Ron Gilbert, Steve Purcell and Dave Grossman.

UK readers will find the mag in just about any newsagents, while overseas readers can buy a copy from here. And I highly recommend that you do. I mean, how often do you see Monkey Island on a magazine cover these days?
105 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • retro GAMER is an awesome magazine.
  • Nobody would happen to be so kind as to aquire some scans of said interviews? :3
  • By the way, the MI2 artwork on the cover and the MI1 artwork inside are my touched up versions. They've asked me if I'd be okay with them using them, and they've even sent me a free copy of the magazine. Very cool! :)
  • Not sure if they've dropped such a hint before, but in the article it says that Lucasarts told Retro Gamer that "next march might be a special month for fans", after Retro gamer had been talking about the success of the special edition, so it could be the MI2 Special Edition we've all been hoping for.
  • I hope so... although it probably means they are releasing even more games on steam
  • Qwazin;225872 said:
    Nobody would happen to be so kind as to aquire some scans of said interviews? :3
    Please don't. Retro Gamer is a niche magazine and survives on a meager income. If you're not willing to pay for the content then please don't steal it.
  • Laserschwert;225876 said:
    By the way, the MI2 artwork on the cover and the MI1 artwork inside are my touched up versions. They've asked me if I'd be okay with them using them, and they've even sent me a free copy of the magazine. Very cool! :)
    I actually wondered about this as soon as I saw the scan... if they had used your touched up versions of the box scan or if they had managed to get copies of the original cover art from purcell :)

btw, i don't know how interested you would be, but your box art idea is spreading, they are doing some sierra/qfg ones over at http://www.questformoreglory.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2768.

peace.

edit: im going through city centre today, so i'm going to see if i can pick up a copy of RG. before I do, can anyone tell me if this is out in the uk yet? (before I conduct pixel hunting in the various magazine shops)
  • alfdaur;225896 said:

edit: im going through city centre today, so i'm going to see if i can pick up a copy of RG. before I do, can anyone tell me if this is out in the uk yet? (before I conduct pixel hunting in the various magazine shops)
    It's definitely out in the shops, yeah.
  • I'd be willing to bet that it's a full on announcement of Monkey Island 5 along with MI2 SE. I hadn't heard of any such success of MI: SE, but if it really did do well, they would definitely want to milk the cash cow while the flow is still heavy.
  • I love the fact that most companies supplying their products over the internet require you to have a credit card, something that does not come for free in a pack of cereal in some countries.
Add Comment