User Avatar Image

Runaway: A Twist of Fate

posted by adventureaddict on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users
So, the sequel to the Runaway series is out today, just wondering if anyone had made the purchase for it yet?

I enjoyed the first two alot, and I know I will get the third installment eventually, but it won't be for a while. So Telltalers, any comments?
21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Brian Bosco makes me feel like vomiting.
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Today?! Smashing! :D

The last one ended like it had been cut with a chainsaw, so it will be great to see how the story is resolved.

I'll try to save Twist of Fate for Christmas, but might replay Dream of the Turtle before then.
  • I've heard that it's predecessors are better and that this one was a bit of a let-down. I guess I'll just have to wait and see for myself. Apparently Joshua has a different voice actor :(.
  • haydenwce27;231200 said:
    I've heard that it's predecessors are better and that this one was a bit of a let-down. I guess I'll just have to wait and see for myself. Apparently Joshua has a different voice actor :(.
    Yeah I've heard that there are a few different voice actors. =[ I'm just glad they've taken the 'breaking the 4th wall' thing out of it.
  • wait, i played the first game and thought it was awful, and i've read some pretty bad (average of 5\10) reviews about the second. You're telling me that those are now considered 'the good games'? how low can it get?
  • So are they any good?
  • Mataku;231335 said:
    wait, i played the first game and thought it was awful, and i've read some pretty bad (average of 5\10) reviews about the second. You're telling me that those are now considered 'the good games'? how low can it get?
    Personal opinion~

I've played the old point'n'click favourites(MI, Sam&Max, Kings Quest, etc), love em, and I love the Runaway series just as much. I don't get why you think the first one is so awful, but again, it's your personal opinion and I respect that.
  • Because, for one example, Brian wouldn't put his hand in a trough of mud to get a spanner out of it that he desperately needed. What?

Ridiculous.
  • jp-30;231420 said:
    Because, for one example, Brian wouldn't put his hand in a trough of mud to get a spanner out of it that he desperately needed. What?

Ridiculous.
    Would you?

That said, I still hold up the 'peanut butter' puzzle as a perfect example of the illogical nature of this series.
  • jp-30;231420 said:
    Because, for one example, Brian wouldn't put his hand in a trough of mud to get a spanner out of it that he desperately needed. What?

Ridiculous.
    This Brian guy sounds like a sissy boy .
Add Comment