Telltale Autumn Sale

Songs for Sam and Max

edited December 2009 in Sam & Max
Ever been listening to a song and thought "This was written all about Sam and Max!" Maybe not often, but I'm sure we've all heard songs and thought this. Here is where you post them

"Dare to be Stupid" - Wierd Al Yankovic
http://free.napster.com/search/results.html?query=dare+to+be+stupid&type=track

Anyone else?

Comments

  • edited November 2009
    Anything by the Barenaked Ladies. All their songs are so random and nonsensical. Try "One Week" for example. That always reminds me of Sam & Max.
  • edited November 2009
    One Week is about a couple that's having a fight, so I don't think it works all that well for Sam and Max. Although...
    How can I help it if I think you're funny when you're mad
    Trying hard not to smile though I feel bad
    I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral
    Can't understand what I mean?
    Well, you soon will
    I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve
    I have a history of taking off my shirt
    Max? Not that he wears shirts, but...

    I've been looking for a good friendship song for Sam and Max, but so far all the ones I've found are too sappy. I might check the NaNoWriMo forums, they seem to have a lot of threads about music that works for specific situations.

    I like to pretend that Just For by Nickelback works for Max when the player makes Sam cry in Hit the Road, and when Sam is in Hell in What's New Beelzebub?, but I'm mostly joking. Mostly. He does seem pretty protective of Sam.

    I might think of something more later.
  • edited November 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I've been looking for a good friendship song for Sam and Max, but so far all the ones I've found are too sappy. I might check the NaNoWriMo forums, they seem to have a lot of threads about music that works for specific situations.

    I have a good one, but I wont reveal it because I plan to use it when/if I ever get a Sam model for 3D animation *evil grin* but there are some that fit them quite well, including the hidden Yaoi undercurrents hidden in the series!
  • edited December 2009
    Maxwells Silver Hammer always reminded me of Max.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I've been looking for a good friendship song for Sam and Max, but so far all the ones I've found are too sappy. I might check the NaNoWriMo forums, they seem to have a lot of threads about music that works for specific situations.

    (the first half of) "My Friend" by Dr. Dog for some reason reminds me of Sam & Max.
  • edited December 2009
    Don't know the title of the song, but here's a great find by Breakman.
    This thread also reminds me of Dogs don't kill people, rabbits do..
  • edited December 2009
    Harald B wrote: »
    Don't know the title of the song, but here's a great find by Breakman.
    This thread also reminds me of Dogs don't kill people, rabbits do..

    I LOVE THAT SONG! I have no clue who wrote it, sang it, or it's name but I love it!

    and wow, that second one sound slike it was written FOR S+M, though iirc Sam's killed his fair share of ppl too... especially when driving...

    @ Jake: you guys ought to write a song ABOUT S+M! (And then make a music video of it with Max performing as one(or more) member(s) of KISS and Sam performing as Steven Tyler! :D (lol)
  • edited December 2009
    How could I forget to mention that video? I love that video.

    I just looked up the song. It's called Kick It Up, and it's from Digimon. I don't know what part, but it was on the movie soundtrack. Apparently it was written by the same people responsible for the Digimon theme and Run Around, which is a surprise, because this song doesn't suck like those two do.
    @ Jake: you guys ought to write a song ABOUT S+M!
    If by "you guys", you mean "Telltale", they kind of already did with World of Max, even though that has nothing to do with Sam.
  • edited December 2009
    A lot of songs on the Cowboy Bebop soundtracks would work great in game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqvsUs-iQvg
  • edited December 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I just looked up the song. It's called Kick It Up, and it's from Digimon. I don't know what part, but it was on the movie soundtrack. Apparently it was written by the same people responsible for the Digimon theme and Run Around, which is a surprise, because this song doesn't suck like those two do.

    *blinks several times* wow, I would never have guessed that. Like you said, it's so very different from the theme sone (and I've never heard 'run around' though now that you mention it, I'm gonna go google it)

    Shwoo wrote: »
    If by "you guys", you mean "Telltale", they kind of already did with World of Max, even though that has nothing to do with Sam.

    eeehhh, like you said it's only about max, though. They need one about *both* of them... I just hope they dont decide to "do just that" and make it a corny in-game joke like sam's singing in situation: comedy...
  • edited December 2009
    xChri5x wrote: »
    A lot of songs on the Cowboy Bebop soundtracks would work great in game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqvsUs-iQvg

    Oh yeah, I LOVE Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts! Great stuff!
  • edited December 2009
    I want their animated series theme song to be played...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.