User Avatar Image

Why this fascination with Winslow?

posted by XuGator on - last edited - Viewed by 885 users
I really don't get what the hype is with this guy. Every other post on here is about how awesome he is. What has he done to warrant this type of appeal? I find him rather forgettable and not entertaining in the least.

This guy doesn't hold a candle to the Marquis - yet De Singe doesn't seem to get the love that he rightfully deserves. The Marquis is one of the best characters in any monkey island game. He is very entertaining and funny as hell. Yet when I come to these boards all I hear about is Winslow.

De Singe makes this game and without him it would be inferior. You could substitute anyone for Winslow and it would be just as fun. Hell you could make Dinghy Dog the captain of the ship and he would probably be more memorable than Winslow.
61 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That animation is in fact retroactively the reason for the hype. :rolleyes:

RETCON'D

On a less serious note, haven't you ever seen The Official Tales of Monkey Island™ Trailer? :D
  • Bogey;221649 said:
    we adore his body.
  • I love both. They were very funny throughout.

Winslow won me over in Spinner Cay (probably around the time he says "Just don't got kissing them all!"); I really liked deSinge from the start.

Sooo....I like DeSinge, but you should warm-up to Winslow. The voice actor is largely responsible, of course, but then again you can't not like a guy who threatens with "scurvy buttons".

Although, I fear you've started the Telltale Games forums equivalent of a 4chan photoshop contest :(
  • Kroms;232292 said:

Although, I fear you've started the Telltale Games forums equivalent of a 4chan photoshop contest :(
    No, that started months ago.
  • I like Winslow for his friendly, gayish kind of way, but that's about it. Compared to De Singe, I'd also say that Winslow nearly has no charisma at all.

But you said it yourself: it's a hype. It's just there. People in here totally lost control over it. :D
  • I agree with you about the Marquis. As a villain, he was a brand new and worthy villain in the MI world and for that I really liked him. Winslow is just as equally likable to me seeing that so far he is the only crew member Guybrush had that didn't pull a mutiny on him no matter what the circumstances they were in as well as having some very funny lines of dialogue.

As for the fascination with Winslow, it's just a running gag on the forums, much like people being obsessed with Chuck Norris.
  • XuGator;232282 said:
    I really don't get what the hype is with this guy. Every other post on here is about how awesome he is. What has he done to warrant this type of appeal? I find him rather forgettable and not entertaining in the least.

This guy doesn't hold a candle to the Marquis - yet De Singe doesn't seem to get the love that he rightfully deserves. The Marquis is one of the best characters in any monkey island game. He is very entertaining and funny as hell. Yet when I come to these boards all I hear about is Winslow.

De Singe makes this game and without him it would be inferior. You could substitute anyone for Winslow and it would be just as fun. Hell you could make Dinky Dog the captain of the ship and he would probably be more memorable than Winslow.
    There's no real reason, it just happened. But who cares? :winslow:
  • Because he is awesome, basically.

I agree about De Singe, though.
Add Comment