User Avatar Image

Episode 4: Made it all worthwhile!

posted by Johnny Walker on - last edited - Viewed by 840 users
TellTale, thanks so much for Episode 4 of Sam & Max! Quite frankly, it made the entire season worthwhile. If we'd never got to play Episode 4, I think we all would have missed out on something incredibly special and important in the Sam & Max canon.

It scares me to think that if LucasArts had got their evil way, we would never have seen ANY sequel to Sam & Max whatsoever. To think we would have lost out on anything close to the quality of "Abe Lincoln Must Die!" makes me feel that it wasn't just Sam & Max fans that were robbed on that fateful day, but the entire medium of gaming as a whole.

Thanks for re-setting that balance and giving the gaming world what it sorely needed: High quality, intelligent, inspired, imaginative gaming.

Thanks for reminding me exactly why Sam & Max rocked so much in the first place.

TellTale, I love you!
19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You said it Johnny.

Thank you Telltalegames!

Sam And Max is SO America!

//Love from Sweden. :D :D :D :D
  • Silence! I Concur.
  • Can't do anything more than fully agree:D
  • Me too. It was the best game I have played since Grim Fandango. Excellent Job!
  • TellTale, thanks so much for Episode 4 of Sam & Max! Quite frankly, it made the entire season worthwhile.
    Thanks! That means we can take your money and run now, right?

Wait, no? Bah. *goes back to work*
  • Emily;23562 said:
    Thanks! That means we can take your money and run now, right?

Wait, no? Bah. *goes back to work*
    If you hand me out the TellTaleTool and the Sourcecode... Yes :D
  • I wanna add my voice to this - I loved Episodes 1-3, but Abe Lincoln Must Die! blew them right out of the park. Max's "adorable" face, discussing the feeling "that someone was watching their every move", the way Max walks into the War Room (hell, Max in general this episode), and of course...

... opening the War Room. Whoever thought of that deserves a medal. Not just my favourite moment in the Season so far, but already one of my all time great Gaming Memories. Wonderful in every way!
  • Agreed with the above. Previous episodes were fun (well, 3 was way too short and 1 was too tame) -- 4 is just great. I really can't use many more words than this. Great, great, great, leaving me wanting for more.
    Did I mention it was a great episode?

Oh, on a sidenote: Lucasarts is rereleasing S&M:HTR finally :)
    At least, so sayeth the Amazon
  • The Tingler;23583 said:
    Max's "adorable" face, discussing the feeling "that someone was watching their every move", the way Max walks into the War Room
    Yep, it's those little things that make a good game great. Telltale really made the most of this episode!
Add Comment