User Avatar Image

References to other games in Ch. 5

posted by TimesNineXiX on - last edited - Viewed by 562 users
Some people mentioned Loom which I am going to have to agree with 100 percent. The holes in between the two realms are definitely inspired by that game.

Also, the dog with the paper- puzzle almost directly from MI2.

Obviously the swordfighting.

Anything else?
47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • CrazedZooChimp;242949 said:
    I kept thinking to myself as he gets in the cannon "but where's his helmet?!" I guess he had it with him the whole time :)
    Maybe he learned to keep that on him at all times, after all the crap he's been through....
  • I wonder if he has any other objects from previous adventures stashed away in his pants.
  • the shovel is always there (from comi on)
  • Yes, that too. Is that the same one that he tore off the sign at the beginning of LeChuck's Revenge?
  • No, he took that shovel on the stage of the theatre from Puerto Pollo
  • jp-30;238381 said:
    Holes between realms as also seen in Sam & Max (Bermuda Triangles), Pullman's "His Dark Materials books", Portal ( :p ) and many, many more...
    Portals in games, even Telltale games, are fairly common, but I can't be the only one who thinks that the way TMI handled them wasn't exactly like the end of Loom. LeChuck's awesome ship reminded me in design of the blacksmith's forgery after it is taken over by Chaos as well.

Also, the whole notion of Elaine willingly becoming LeChuck's demon bride to lull him into a false sense of security, with Guybrush having to have enough trust in his true love to make the right call reminded me a lot of the movie Legend.
  • Elaine becomes his bride to be able to handle the sword, Udvarnoky.
  • User Avatar Image
    Tea
    haydenwce27;243076 said:
    I wonder if he has any other objects from previous adventures stashed away in his pants.
    You sick, sick boy.
  • When Elaine shoots the root beer at Guybrush he melts, exposing his skeleton, which then dissolves. This just like how LeChuck dies in MI and, I think, the only reason that Guybrush has a skeleton as a ghost.
  • haydenwce27;243086 said:
    Yes, that too. Is that the same one that he tore off the sign at the beginning of LeChuck's Revenge?
    Probably not the same Shovel, but taking the bone from the sign in Ep5. seems to be a refernce to that Sign with the shovel.
Add Comment