User Avatar Image

You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when....

posted by raycichocki on - last edited - Viewed by 9.4K users
-When you see sword fighting in a movie you wonder if they're going to insult each other with rhyimg comebacks.

-You cringe at the idea of Monkey Kombat

-You think Guybrush is a legit name for your first born son

(add some of your own!)
233 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ...when your screen looks like this:image

The only reason why escape isn't on there is because I couldn't figure out how/was too lazy to window it.
  • You've learned to live with what you are.

(Ben Folds Pirate fans will appreciate. True story: this has been me for the past six months.)
  • When you paint swimwear on MI characters to entertain fellow fans.
  • Irishmile;223430 said:
    When you paint swimwear on MI characters to entertain fellow fans.
    Teehee...:p
  • Giant Tope;223398 said:
    The only reason why escape isn't on there is because I couldn't figure out how/was too lazy to window it.
    There's no way you could actually play them all at once without crashing your computer. Unless you have a supercomputer. In which case, congrats!
  • Tirink;223467 said:
    There's no way you could actually play them all at once without crashing your computer. Unless you have a supercomputer. In which case, congrats!
    Actually its just a regular ol' laptop. (Though it was laggy as hell and the lappy was complaining the entire way through.)
  • When you are seriously upset that the TOMI is over, and are still on the forums complaining about it
  • When you have to mentally restrain yourslef from typing guy.brush instead of guybrush (guy was his placeholder sprite name, and it was a .brush file, which is where his name came from)
  • -When you teach the little kids you babysit every word to "Monkey in my Pocket".
    -When you spend two days sewing a stuffed "Plunder Bunny"
    -When you hug a total stranger because he mentioned that he liked Monkey Island
  • Friar;243830 said:
    When you have to mentally restrain yourslef from typing guy.brush instead of guybrush (guy was his placeholder sprite name, and it was a .brush file, which is where his name came from)
    Actually...
    Dave Grossman;224468 said:
    Mostly true, but Wikipedia actually gets the details slightly wrong. For the obsessively detail-oriented among you: The DPaint extension for brush files was .bbm (remember that file extensions could only be three letters in those days). The file was named guybrush.bbm, but the "brush" was included by Steve Purcell, who did the drawing, rather than by DPaint itself.
Add Comment