User Avatar Image

You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when....

posted by raycichocki on - last edited - Viewed by 8.9K users
-When you see sword fighting in a movie you wonder if they're going to insult each other with rhyimg comebacks.

-You cringe at the idea of Monkey Kombat

-You think Guybrush is a legit name for your first born son

(add some of your own!)
233 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • GuruGuru214;243884 said:
    Actually...
    I was just going by what i read in Retro Gamer the other day. Still pretty neat though.
  • Yeah, until Dave Grossman made that post, there probably wasn't an accurate account of the origin of his name on the internet (well, not anywhere prominent anyway). I'd always heard it was guy.brush, but in a way it's cooler that Purcell did it unintentionally.
  • Leonilla;243845 said:

-When you hug a total stranger because he mentioned that he liked Monkey Island
    thank god i'm not the only one who does that.
  • Tirink;222782 said:

-You write Monkey Island fanfiction. Bonus points if it's on scrap paper after one of those boring standardized tests as you wait for everyone else to finish. (Guilty as charged.)
    Oh man, I've done this too (after a test and everything!). ^^; Pity none of mine is any good. I'd love to read some good MI fanfic.

= When you occasionally run up to your friends and rattle off an insult (You´re no match for my brains, you poor fool!), and then laugh when they don't know the proper comeback.

= When you have second thoughts about drinking the last root beer... you never know when it might come in handy...
  • When you still read these forums, even though the game is over.
  • ~You're proud when people ask you how you met your husband/wife, and you can say that the reason you met was because the other had their favorite game listed as 'Monkey Island" In their online profiles.

~Your wedding cake toppers were sculpted to look like guybrush and elaine

~ The dog is named Guybrush.
  • - you move around the office like the Phatt Island librarian
  • Little Writer;244528 said:
    - you move around the office like the Phatt Island librarian
    God I wish my roll-ey chair didn't suck. Most fun mode of transportation ever.
  • Syrynx;244527 said:
    ~You're proud when people ask you how you met your husband/wife, and you can say that the reason you met was because the other had their favorite game listed as 'Monkey Island" In their online profiles.

~Your wedding cake toppers were sculpted to look like guybrush and elaine

~ The dog is named Guybrush.
    Hahahah this gives me hope for my own future.
  • -When you've got the themes from the different games on your MP3 player :)
Add Comment