General "State of the Forum"/Self aware Discussion about the Community
Hey guys! I'm trying out something new. Just to be clear, this is only my own personal thread I made as a volunteer Moderator - this is not an official thread from Telltale. That being said, this thread is for self aware/"meta" discussion about the forums in general, and is a place where we can hopefully spitball ideas with each other to make discussions on the forum more interesting to participate in. This thread is not for discussion about particular moderation choices in specific threads, or complaints about specific users/threads/etc. Please keep discussion focused on things about the forums in general.
As community moderators for Telltale, there are certain things we cannot disclose for privacy reasons, but despite that, we are open to feedback for various things.
Potential ideas for discussion:
- Ideas on how to make a push for more interesting discussions in the community
- Discussion about various community trends on the forums
- Report any potential errors on the forums
- Asking for clarification on certain forum rules/how to go about doing something on the forums
- Suggestions for new/updated Forum Guidelines
- Ideas and feedback for new forum changes/updates we can potentially send as feedback
- Introduce any new moderators we get in the future
- Do not use this thread to complain about specific threads/users/moderators/staff members/etc. This thread is for general discussion on things like improving the forums on the community side of things, as opposed to the technical side of things.
- Do not use this thread to "report" specific users/threads that need attention. If something needs attention, please flag those posts or send a Private Discussion to a volunteer Moderator. This thread is not for alerting moderators to specific situations. Flagging posts and/or sending Private Discussions is the most helpful way to get our attention.
- This thread is not for commentary or inquiries on (specific) moderation choices, such as asking why a user was banned, or why threads were locked/sunk/merged/etc. As community moderators for Telltale, there are certain things we cannot disclose for privacy reasons. This thread is for discussing the state of the forums in general - it is not for inquiring why users were banned or why a thread was locked.
[We may update this thread with more topics in the future, but feel free to offer feedback or start a conversation on some other forum trend...]