User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

posted by David E Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 17K users
It's live!

Discuss your findings in here.
738 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Didn't TellTale say that the 50% off coupon couldn't be used on series after and including Tales?
  • Molokov;244045 said:

I already have all the other games (except Bone & CSI), so no point wasting my coupons on them...
    It doesn't work with Bone : (
  • Molokov;244044 said:
    I'm a little annoyed that the coupons are expiring so soon. I have been saving up my "50% off a season" coupon to be used on the next Telltale series to be announced... but they haven't announced it yet, and the coupon will expire before they do, no doubt. :(

I already have all the other games (except Bone & CSI), so no point wasting my coupons on them...
    Ditto! I was totally saving my 50% on the season for S&M3!!! :-(
    I already owned all the other seasons by the time I got this coupon!
  • Didero;244075 said:
    Didn't TellTale say that the 50% off coupon couldn't be used on series after and including Tales?
    They've said that NOW. At the time the coupons were released as prizes in the Treasure Hunt (so, let's say August) I don't recall seeing anything mentioned that they couldn't be used for future games.

In the end, it's not like I'm losing anything. I'm happy to pay the $34.95 for the full season of games. I reckon the coupon giveaways are a good idea to get people to buy the older games, but for those like me who have all the games already, we get the advantage of having played them first :)
  • SpaceFalcon2001;244091 said:
    Ditto! I was totally saving my 50% on the season for S&M3!!! :-(
    You're hardly the only person who said that. Perhaps that's why TellTale decided on the end-of-year termination and no carryover to later series - they'd probably lose a LOT of money on Sam and Max Season 3 if things stayed as they were.
  • While the treasure hunt discounts may not have specifically stated that they weren't good on future series, the expiration date was specified months ago.

I assumed it wouldn't be good on S&M3, mainly because I wasn't expecting S&M3 until after the new year.
  • Where did my 50% off code go and why do I have a new code for $1 off an entire order?

This is concerning.
  • Thiftweed Fancy Pants;247954 said:
    Where did my 50% off code go and why do I have a new code for $1 off an entire order?

This is concerning.
    I'd email [email]support@telltalegames.com[/email] right away if I were you, so that you can get this sorted before it expires.
  • I think they did it to everyone; my coupons changed too! Maybe because they don't want people to use them with the 25% off sale going on.
  • Percent coupons don't stack anyway, so it shouldn't matter.
Add Comment