User Avatar Image

Suggestions for the Collector's DVD

posted by Kamikaze_Tutor on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users
[CENTER]image
Mock-up cover. Sexy isn't it?[/CENTER]

So we're already in 2010 and just can't wait for that promised Tales of Monkey Island Collector's DVD.

I've been thinking about what would it have and probably some people are still holding their fingers back on that checkout button, so I compiled a little list of things I'd like to see on the upcoming DVD (having in mind low production costs and package size).
  • Steve Purcell's art as the cover
    Just making sure it's going to be the official cover. That or a classic cover art like the previous MI games. Sorry Telltale but that first render of Guybrush still looks awful, the shading makes him look horribly weird.

• Higher quality speech
    Some lines of dialog would benefit from less compression.

• Higher quality textures
    Same here, there were times that the textures seemed way to pixelated and blurry.

• Official Soundtrack (either digital or on a CD)
    Please yes! I won't lie, I've used a tool to extract some music out of Tales of MI and I can't stop listening to them. So obviously, I'd love actual, official, longer versions of tunes like swordfight.ogg. ;)

• Official Artwork (digital format)
    Since asking for a artbook would be too much, I'd love to have high resolution artwork in the DVD. Please? Pretty please? Please pretty please with sugar on top?

• And finally (and wishfully)... Steve Purcell's Poster
    Because I'm a bit baffled that the unsigned posters costs nearly as much as two episodes together... No offense to Steve Purcell's work, it's a piece of art, but some people have to pay extra to have for such a small poster shipped. :( (my room's walls are filled with movie size posters)

Newly added:
  • The official deck of tarot cards (added by Indrid Cold)

• Commentaries, making of and behind the scenes videos (added by Irishmile)

• Outtake reel (added by Scrawffler)

• Every episode of I Wonder What Happens (added by pluizig)
So... could the Telltale team please stand up and give us a small peek at what people will get for buying or upgrading to the full season?

And what do you, Monkey Islanders, would like to see in your Collector's DVD? Have in mind that Telltale's probably not going to ship anything more than a DVD within a plastic case, but you can be extravagant if you wish. :P
99 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • crumgie;249861 said:
    Agree with nearly all your points, have just started Chapter 5, WAS enjoying all the stories but had to uninstall Chapter 4 before I had finished it because I couldn't get to Club 41 to win the Fugu Jolakia challenge - tried many times, but couldn't get there in time! Only chapter I had to uninstall before I finished it!

Crungie
    You mean your tongue wasn't staying Numb? There wasn't a time limit on that, it just stopped being numb if you clicked on anything But the door and the pepper.
  • It should come with an order form for Tales Season 2 :D
  • Kamikaze_Tutor;249797 said:

Steve Purcell's art as the cover
    Just making sure it's going to be the official cover. That or a classic cover art like the previous MI games. Sorry Telltale but that first render of Guybrush still looks awful, the shading makes him look horribly weird.
    I can already tell you this isn't going to happen. The Purcell design is for those who pre-ordered ToMI only, and will be a slipcase.
  • I can't believe noone has suggested all IWWH's to be included.
  • Thespis;249881 said:
    I can already tell you this isn't going to happen. The Purcell design is for those who pre-ordered ToMI only, and will be a slipcase.
    I have no problem that who pre-order get a slipcase, but I hope at least they leave the same art for the basic box. The mockup cover they've been using is terrible...
  • where's the mock up cover?
  • On "The Deal" page:

Which is montage of the first Guybrush, Elaine and LeChuck renders with this background.

The shading on every character just screams "beta renders". :\
  • It is a punishment for people who didn't pre-order. :(
  • apenpaap;249858 said:
    I want this one as the cover (Though it's not very likely):
    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2448/tomiposterbigpainted.jpg
    Apart from that, all the things the OP suggested, commentaries, and concept art.
    Actually I'm pretty sure if TTG wanted to use that Laserschwert would be happy to have done it. I agree as well its nice photoshopping and I think it would make for brilliantly epic DVD box art.
  • Kamikaze_Tutor;249888 said:
    I have no problem that who pre-order get a slipcase, but I hope at least they leave the same art for the basic box. The mockup cover they've been using is terrible...
    The Purcell art is for the pre-order slip case only.

It won't be the DVD box art.
Add Comment