User Avatar Image

Episode 4: Made it all worthwhile!

posted by Johnny Walker on - last edited - Viewed by 844 users
TellTale, thanks so much for Episode 4 of Sam & Max! Quite frankly, it made the entire season worthwhile. If we'd never got to play Episode 4, I think we all would have missed out on something incredibly special and important in the Sam & Max canon.

It scares me to think that if LucasArts had got their evil way, we would never have seen ANY sequel to Sam & Max whatsoever. To think we would have lost out on anything close to the quality of "Abe Lincoln Must Die!" makes me feel that it wasn't just Sam & Max fans that were robbed on that fateful day, but the entire medium of gaming as a whole.

Thanks for re-setting that balance and giving the gaming world what it sorely needed: High quality, intelligent, inspired, imaginative gaming.

Thanks for reminding me exactly why Sam & Max rocked so much in the first place.

TellTale, I love you!
19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Tingler;23583 said:
    Max's "adorable" face, discussing the feeling "that someone was watching their every move", the way Max walks into the War Room
    Yep, it's those little things that make a good game great. Telltale really made the most of this episode!
  • Jordik;23774 said:
    Oh, on a sidenote: Lucasarts is rereleasing S&M:HTR finally :)
    At least, so sayeth the Amazon
    It's been out (along with The Dig, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango + a couple of older Star Wars titles) in the UK since December last year. A few weeks back the re-releases also came out in Australia and New Zealand. It seems to be the territories where Activision is the LucasArts distribution partner (ie. not North America).

There's a thread about it here.
  • Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Activision Nordic(PanVision) is going to release it... at least I can't find it on their webpage yet.
  • Can you find it on Activision Australia or UK though? I don't think they bother too much with budget rereleases on their websites.
  • Pfff! LucasArts sees how well Telltale is doing and now they're all for rereleasing the original game. Bet they feel even stupider for canceling the sequel now that Season 1 is doing so great.
  • jp-30;23791 said:
    Can you find it on Activision Australia or UK though? I don't think they bother too much with budget rereleases on their websites.
    Would you need to? Most JB Hi-Fis and non-EB shops stock the Lucasarts classics range.

Back on topic, Episode 4 was definitely the funniest game I've played in many years (and I've played a hell of a lot of games). Keep up the amazing work TTG!
  • Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who felt the same!

Thanks again, TellTale!
  • Jordik;23774 said:

Oh, on a sidenote: Lucasarts is rereleasing S&M:HTR finally :)
    At least, so sayeth the Amazon
    Never trust Amazon, I've seen at least 20 items for sale there that were cancelled before they were even made... (Neverhood 2000, for instance... they still have that for sale, and it doesn't even exist!)

On-topic: Ep. 4 is pure joy! The choir music as Whizzer gets back on the soda habit, the much-touted War Song, Bosco's Tommy Tutone reference... pure gold.
  • ShaggE;25038 said:
    Never trust Amazon, I've seen at least 20 items for sale there that were cancelled before they were even made... (Neverhood 2000, for instance... they still have that for sale, and it doesn't even exist!)
    Pre-order NOW!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Take-2-Interactive-Nukem-Forever/dp/B00005NCEZ/ref=pd_ka_1/026-2068210-7494009?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1174555031&sr=8-1

EDIT:
    We will e-mail you when this item becomes available.
    Yes, but when this game is released, I think we will be using a far more advanced communication technology than simple email...
  • Hell, by the time DNF is available, Amazon will have switched to the then-common telepathy mail...

Do they have quantum PCs listed yet? Perhaps a shiny new Playstation 7, or the Xbox 1080?
Add Comment