User Avatar Image

Smaller TTG Forum Presence? Good or Bad?

posted by Ashton on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place... but it seems to me that the TTG employees have a much smaller forum presence than before - leaving most of the work to the moderators (and where applicable, the members) For those who are new, year or two ago (before W+G and MI) I'd venture to say atleast half the threads in all forums had 1-or-more posts by a TTG employee.
(though the support forum does seems to be well monitored ---almost exclusivly by will... poor guy must really have his hands full ;) )

Now, I can see this as a good or a bad thing...

Good:
TTG is spending more time developing, coding, testing, and marketing their games.

Bad:
TTG is neglecting it's customers and leaving us to speculation on topics that we clearly have no clue on (ex: Monkey Island Soundtrack, S+M S2 Casebook, MI Casebook, MI DVD, IP Rights, if follow-up seasons are planned, etc) which will lead to more missinformation and confusion

Personally I feel it's a semi-good thing... I think TTG needs a PR person purely for the forums now that they're so active and large to dispence with questions when ever possible. However from a consuemr PoV I'm glad they're spending time on the games (to me this translate to a faster roll-out for each game and/or higher quality for them)

((please keep in mind I do not prose the W+G, Strongbad, or CSI/TTGTH forums, for all I know EVERY THREAD may be filled with TTG banter))

Thoughts?

((If any TTG employees think this post if out of line, delete it and let me know and I promise I wont venture into this avenue of thought again))
136 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • What the? Apparently I need to come back to these forums more often. Tabacco is gone? I guess that explains why I don't see him on here anymore.

Wow, and in May! That was before Emily left. :(

*Edit* I am down to half a post per day in the stats. So I decided to fill the second half of this post with an edit. That is how it works, right?
  • Well, some of us are born Human, some of us achieve Humanity and some of us have Humanity thrust upon us. You must be one of the first type, Avistew.

And don't worry Falanca, I knew one guy didn't get his certificate ever, but he did get really good at faking it. (Hardly anyone ever asks for them anyway.)
  • Lena_P;252238 said:
    Well, some of us are born Human, some of us achieve Humanity and some of us have Humanity thrust upon us.
    ...and some of us are really talking animals!

...I didnt say anything... ;)
  • Yeah, the Pawpets show reference kinda gave you away there, Ashton. Don't worry though, we'll keep your secret.
  • User Avatar Image
    Will BANNED
    You know, I was thinking about it, and I think part of the problem isn't that we are posting less so much as everyone else is posting so much more. It gets hard to find our smattering of posts when there are there are hundreds of posts per day instead of tens of posts.

Also, not gonna lie, these forums can be kinda daunting when you've got a 5 minute break and see 200 unread threads.
  • Will;252316 said:
    You know, I was thinking about it, and I think part of the problem isn't that we are posting less so much as everyone else is posting so much more. It gets hard to find our smattering of posts when there are there are hundreds of posts per day instead of tens of posts.
    Not to mention we've gone from 3 main forums (SbCgFAP, CSI, S+M) to 5 now (adding W+G and ToMI) and in time I'm sure it will go to 6 or more (as per verious releases where you guys say your trying to aquire more lisences)

You guys might consider dividing it up, if (for example) you, will, like talking about W+G best, and Jake likes talking about S+M best, then you post in the W+G forums primarily and Jake posts int he S+M forums primarily with only your PR person (Nikisaur?) posting everywhere as time allows (and letting you know if there is a question you need to address in one of the other forums becides the one you mainly watch).

Just a few thoughts... take them as you will. (;) bad pun, I know)
  • Hello everybody! Yes! It is I! TomPravetz, the not quite a moderator! I can be almost everything! And I do not mean somethings I cannot be, I mean I can literally almost be anything! Yes! Now fear me! Or don't! That's cool too! (Woah, where is this post going?!)

Err... I love TTG and their mods. And their new business intern! Hi, new business intern! (Everyone say hi!)
  • TomPravetz;252333 said:
    Hello everybody! Yes! It is I! TomPravetz, the not quite a moderator! I can be almost everything! And I do not mean somethings I cannot be, I mean I can literally almost be anything! Yes! Now fear me! Or don't! That's cool too! (Woah, where is this post going?!)
    Err... I love TTG and their mods. And their new business intern! Hi, new business intern! (Everyone say hi!)
    Are you drunk or just staining your nose brown? ;)
  • Will;252316 said:

Also, not gonna lie, these forums can be kinda daunting when you've got a 5 minute break and see 200 unread threads.
    After some thinking of my own I think part of that is that there's nobody doing it as their main job anymore. There's not only no replacement for Emily, but also nobody even having her old job. (And the same goes for other web team members who left or changed job descriptions.)
    It's like there used to be people who made sure questions got answered because that was part of their job, and now all we get are people giving us a few off minutes since they should technically be doing something else. That may not be entirely fair or true to say, but there it is.
  • Ashton;252339 said:
    Are you drunk or just staining your nose brown? ;)
    I said say hi!

Add Comment