User Avatar Image

Aliens Vs Predator

posted by Icedhope on - last edited - Viewed by 737 users
It seems that another video game suprise for 2010 is the release of the long awaited 3rd AVP game. I know the movies to some are either, hit or miss. But I really can't wait for this game, and well both them are my Favorite Sci-Fi/Horror movie films, so what are your guys take on the games?

Here is a trailer for the upcoming game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkFriubhrT4

Also I created a Poll thingy, for the people that know the games/movies and what species is their favorite.
29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hard to choose, really. I love the Aliens for their amazing design and fascinating behavior, but the Predators intrigue me just as much.
  • I'm skeptical about this, Rebellion has a varied record in quality. The original was great and all, but that was ten years ago.

On the other hand Aliens: Colonial Marines promises to be one to watch. Gearbox are generally outstanding in design matters.
  • I want this game. I must have spent days and days playing the original and sequel.
    I can't wait for this!
  • humans ftw.

i'm a human.

pretty much.
  • S@bre;254304 said:
    I'm skeptical about this, Rebellion has a varied record in quality. The original was great and all, but that was ten years ago.

On the other hand Aliens: Colonial Marines promises to be one to watch. Gearbox are generally outstanding in design matters.
    From what I hear, them saying, that it will be just the same as the original with some minor improvements.
  • Avp demo out now on steam and Xbox live.
  • I played the demo on LIVE for a while this morning, and I'm in love. The map they chose is a bit crap, but the trophy/stealth kills are a blast (especially when you rip the head off of a Marine, just to be interrupted by an Alien or Pred getting ready to do the same to you. It's like a gory conga line), and playing a Marine is finally terrifying again.

My only qualm so far is that Predator's disc is way overpowered. But not so much so that it's gamebreaking.
  • ShaggE;259326 said:
    I played the demo on LIVE for a while this morning, and I'm in love. The map they chose is a bit crap, but the trophy/stealth kills are a blast (especially when you rip the head off of a Marine, just to be interrupted by an Alien or Pred getting ready to do the same to you. It's like a gory conga line), and playing a Marine is finally terrifying again.

My only qualm so far is that Predator's disc is way overpowered. But not so much so that it's gamebreaking.
    I agree with everthing you say, and the alien is fun as hell to play as.
  • I tried the PC demo with my Xbox joypad and was useless at it - I just couldn't get the same precision as mouse and keys. I don't know how console users cope playing FPS.

I soon switched to classic controls and found it a lot easier. I still wasn't particularly good at it though!
  • S@bre;254304 said:
    Hmm... why do they use the graphic from Alien and the logo from Aliens?
Add Comment