User Avatar Image

Show us some linux love - Linux Port?

posted by pirate132 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.4K users
Since Tales of Monkey Island will be ported to Mac I would like to ask if it will be possible to make a Linux port too.
Perhaps there are some more linux users who would like to play it natively on their system, if so, raise your hand!

Are there enough linux users out there who would like to play Monkey Island (without any emulation/Wine/VM) on linux?
110 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • They should port it to iPhone... LOL
  • Rolleander;261811 said:
    Well, there are that many users, but how many of them are gamers like us? Lot's of people that use Linux use it for some kind of work... like professional networking for instance... just not games...
    I meant around here. That play telltale games and would have a need for a Linux version of them.
  • there are many flavours of linux, would one port work on all flavours?
  • Remolay;261814 said:
    there are many flavours of linux, would one port work on all flavours?
    I think if you compile a program an package it successfully for one distro, it is very easily repackaged for another distro, but I'm not even remotely 100% sure. I've only compiled some very simple C++ programs in Ubuntu (running from the console, mind you...)
  • 2dboy did a linux version of WorldOfGoo for all flavors too. Worked fine here and was happy to pay for it. So i think its possible to make it work on most flavors.
  • Realistically, I don't think they'd do it. There is not enough demand for Linux porting, and even if there were, you have to consider a) how much effort can it take, b) how much profit would it bring and c) what are the chances of investment/time consumption/profit actually being positive.

To me, SUSe is a fine OS to do db management in. But I've never played games (other than local chess app) on Linux, so I can't say how good or bad can that decision be.
  • I've only used Ubuntu, I used it to play City of Heroes. it was a crappy old laptop but it worked good except for graphics had to be toned down. also it was in wine of course.

by the end of that laptops reign it had been deemed the craptop.

I loved it. unitil the unlikely date of it being ported to linux, use WINE.

What does WINE actually stand for anyway? I know the joke of WINE is Not an Emulator.
  • I'd vote for a linux port.
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    Remolay;261859 said:
    What does WINE actually stand for anyway? I know the joke of WINE is Not an Emulator.
    It's not a joke, it's the actual name, which is a recursive acronym.
  • Wait really?

like in Dilbert; The TTP Project
Add Comment