User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Movie - Who would YOU cast?

posted by Silverwolfpet on - last edited - Viewed by 12.9K users
Hey guys!

I figured out another fun little thing to do while we wait for the first episode. If there ever will be a Monkey Islandmovie, who would you cast as Guybrush, Elaine, LeChuck, Voodoo Lady, Stan, Murray etc etc. ?
Just write below something like this.
My Cast:
Guybrush - ?
Elaine - ?
LeChuck - ?
Stan - Jim Carrey
Voodoo Lady - Whoopee Goldberg
Murray - Christopher Lloyd :p
and continue the list
131 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Cera is, imo, the only one with a face goofy enough to do Guybrush. Of course, if we're talking making a SMI movie, not Tales.

However, if you're looking for a more mature Guybrush, I'd say Ben Foster could fit the role.
  • zmally;165136 said:
    the men of low moral fibre?

that was easy :)
    They would be perfect.

If there were ever to be a Monkey Island movie adaptation, I'd probably want it to take a slightly more serious tone than the games. It would obviously still need some humor, but I think it'd have to lose some of the "zanier" stuff from the latter games and the most fourth-wall stuff from the former. I wrote half of a SoMI screenplay a couple years ago (mostly just for writing practice), I thought I had struck a good balance between humor and drama, faithful vs new directions, etc.

Edit: Dunno why it won't show the picture, but yeah, Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington would be perfect for the men of low moral fibre.
  • I would cast Nolan North, Crispin Freeman, Steven Jay Blum and Yuri Lowenthal in every role
  • If there were a MI movie, I'd need lines like...
    "I can't do that!"
    "That won't work!"
    and
    "Hmmm... No."
  • TomPravetz;261999 said:
    If there were a MI movie, I'd need lines like...
    "I can't do that!"
    "That won't work!"
    and
    "Hmmm... No."
    And of course "That's the mast!"
  • I could see Danny DeVito being the short bald Man of Low Moral Fiber who can't stop laughing and so gets bashed on the head a lot.
  • I also think Gilbert Gottfried as the Head of the Navigator might be pretty funny.
  • Reginald Winslow: Wayne Brady

I know he's not fat enough, but he could make the role a whole lot of fun
  • Remolay;262471 said:
    Reginald Winslow: Wayne Brady

I know he's not fat enough, but he could make the role a whole lot of fun
    I've never pictured Winslow Black as in African-American. I've always thought he was one of them Blacks with European faces, kind of like Latin Blacks.

Also, I'd also suggest my choice of Elaine as Bonnie Wright, if Cera is to be cast for Guybrush.
  • Uzrname;262508 said:
    I've never pictured Winslow Black as in African-American. I've always thought he was one of them Blacks with European faces, kind of like Latin Blacks.
    You mean like people from India?
Add Comment