User Avatar Image

General "good news" thread

posted by Avistew on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users
Since there is a whining thread, seems only fair to have one to express one's good news.

You don't have to start with "good news, everyone!" but it helps futurama fans feel appreciated.

Good news, everyone! I received my crank mp3 player! Not only can it play music (and videos, and the radio) just from being cranked up, but I can now charge my ebook reader with it, too!

And I've been almost a year without an mp3 player so I really, really missed it.
114 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Good news, everyone! (Dammit, I have to hear the original one someday)

I suddenly realized I could change my notebook for a new one when my intership is over. And this one will run Tales of Monkey Island in a quality over than 3! (Which is the one my actual one run it already) ^^!
  • Good news, PC strategy gamers!

Firaxis has announced Civilization V! With expanded diplomacy, enhanced warfare, and HEXAGONAL TILES OH MY GOD.

The Civilization games are my most-played multiplayer titles, I can't wait for the next installment. :D
  • GinnyN;263236 said:
    Good news, everyone! (Dammit, I have to hear the original one someday)

I suddenly realized I could change my notebook for a new one when my intership is over. And this one will run Tales of Monkey Island in a quality over than 3! (Which is the one my actual one run it already) ^^!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1cap6yETA You can hear it here! (I'm disappointed they didn't put my favourite one: "News, everyone!")

And that's great!
    Rather Dashing;263238 said:
    Good news, PC strategy gamers!

Firaxis has announced Civilization V!
    Nice!
  • Good news!

Got home and found my StarCraft 2 beta invite.
    My inbox is now gold.

Also has anyone seen the site http://itmademyday.com/ ? It's kind of the best thing. Though I submitted 2 (pretty awesome?) stories and I don't think they made it.
  • Good news, everyone!

My laptop has started doing its blue screen rituals again! And the guarantee is over. Yay?
  • avistew;263229 said:

You don't have to start with "good news, everyone!" but it helps futurama fans feel appreciated.
    This is exactly what I came into this topic to do, immediately, and someone beat me to it.

Wait, that's not good news. That's not good news at all.
  • Hey! I'll tell this one:

One day, somebody call me to tell me if I can go to an interview for an intership. I say yes, of course, and next day, my dad and me went to a place we have no idea that existed before. By sheer luck we find a parking lot, by sheer luck I found where I have the interview, by sheer luck we get a fast way to get back to my house, then I was accepted in the intership the same day!!!! And then I came to the internet and, guess what, It was Trogday!
  • The news that's good for everyone is that I've joined up!

Another great news, I met my Aunt and Uncle yesterday for the first time since god knows when!

Doesn't stop there, I've yet another fantastic news, I met up with my another Aunt and Uncle today, again for the first time since god knows when.

Sucks living so far from them.
  • Good news, everyone! The last issue of the first book of Kick Ass came out recently and was kick-ass.
  • avistew;263239 said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1cap6yETA You can hear it here! (I'm disappointed they didn't put my favourite one: "News, everyone!")
    My favorite is "Bad news, nobody"

Good news everyone! I've invented a machine that makes you read this in your head in my voice!
Add Comment