User Avatar Image

Monkey Island 2 Remake maybe revealed at GDC!!

posted by hitmarty on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users
The first word on Monkey Island 2: The Special Edition has emerged from the muddy swamps. We don’t usually report rumors, but we can report reporting on rumors. From Kotaku:

We’ve heard from sources that the game is due to be announced very soon, perhaps even next week at the Game Developer’s Conference, and that like the first game’s special edition, will contain all-new graphics and audio.

Unlike the first game, however, this one will be reaching a few more consumers, with versions planned for not just the Xbox 360, PC ad iPhone (like Monkey Island), but the PlayStation Network as well.

quoted from the scummbar!
144 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • SpaceFalcon2001;267492 said:
    Clearly he should be captain dread.

Or perhaps Elaine's Chef?

Honestly having reviewed the entire game in my head, I can't think of anyone he would work as.
    I think that someone with a really strong jamaican accent should voice Captain Dread. Everytime I read the words 'Hey, mon' it just makes me think a jamaican voice would fit him.
  • Picard for Governer Phatt when thers only one candidate theres only one choice!
  • Awwwwwwwesome!!!!

Also, Patrick Stewart as LeChuck's voodoo priest. 'Nuff said.
  • Yeah I was pretty sure this was gonna be released in April. I'm now one very happy Ps3 owner! I hope LucasArts also announce a Sam & Max:Hit the Road:SE while they are at it!
  • I think it would be awesome to see Curse of Monkey Island released exactly as it was, except scanned in high res instead of 640x480 pixels.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    OzzieMonkey;267557 said:
    I think it would be awesome to see Curse of Monkey Island released exactly as it was, except scanned in high res instead of 640x480 pixels.
    That would be tough considering all of Curse of Monkey Island was colored in Photoshop. As far as I know, only the actual outlines of the art were drawn in pencil and scanned in. That would be a lot of digital re-coloring. It would be cool though!
  • Jake;267563 said:
    That would be tough considering all of Curse of Monkey Island was colored in Photoshop. As far as I know, only the actual outlines of the art were drawn in pencil and scanned in. That would be a lot of digital re-coloring. It would be cool though!
    Oh well, one can only hope. Btw, do you know anything about whether this whole MI2 special edition thing is true or not? And if you do, are you allowed to say?
  • OzzieMonkey;267557 said:
    I think it would be awesome to see Curse of Monkey Island released exactly as it was, except scanned in high res instead of 640x480 pixels.
    If they do this, they should also add the two missing cutscenes. They would help make the ending less rushed.
Add Comment