User Avatar Image

Escape From Monkey Island Remake?

posted by plrichard on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users
Would you like to see an EMI remake with changes such as Alexandra Boyd as Elaine, better graphics, and an updated inventory system?
41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • A little suggestion, there should an option to vote no without implying that you hate the game. It is possible.
  • I've actually thought about an EMI remake and it could work pretty good. Telltale Tool + TMI character models + full 3D backgrounds + a Boyd voice option in the menu? Count me in. That said, I highly, highly doubt it would ever happen.
  • I think its ok as it is since a remake cant remove monkey kombat theres not much point I suppose the graphics and controls would be a gd update but thats about it I dont mind the voice of elaine in EMI
  • I chose "No, it's terrible and it would be a waste of time" but my real answer is "No, it is a good game and it would be a waste of time if Telltale will remake it".
  • I would choose "No, it's a good game so leave it how it is. Stop bitching about the minor problems and get over yourselves." - Only directed to those who continue to whinge about EfMI. Not directed at those who like the game and want a remake.
  • What could be fixed in a EMI SE wouldn't have made it a better game. Graphics and controls are very low on the lists of negatives with EMI. So if those aren't a problem, a remake is quite pointless.
  • Why don`t we just make a remake of TMI after a couple of years?

I see no point in making a remake of "fairly new" games such as EMI.
    Actually the remakes of SMI and LCR were unnecessary too, but I understand them, as they are much older and a good way to introduce people to the series or delight some old fans.

EMI is good as it is. No need for a remake
  • alkapel;267509 said:
    I chose "No, it's terrible and it would be a waste of time" but my real answer is "No, it is a good game and it would be a waste of time if Telltale will remake it".
    Same as this.
  • Not necessary, it just needs an official patch to make sure it runs on modern machine and perhaps a hint system because if I remember rightly some of the puzzles were ridiculous!
  • I vote for "I liked it, and the few bits that are iffy aren't sufficent to make it worth bothering to change it". I think there's more grounds for doing a CMISE by reinstating all the bits that are missing
Add Comment