User Avatar Image

Monkey Island 2 Remake maybe revealed at GDC!!

posted by hitmarty on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users
The first word on Monkey Island 2: The Special Edition has emerged from the muddy swamps. We don’t usually report rumors, but we can report reporting on rumors. From Kotaku:

We’ve heard from sources that the game is due to be announced very soon, perhaps even next week at the Game Developer’s Conference, and that like the first game’s special edition, will contain all-new graphics and audio.

Unlike the first game, however, this one will be reaching a few more consumers, with versions planned for not just the Xbox 360, PC ad iPhone (like Monkey Island), but the PlayStation Network as well.

quoted from the scummbar!
144 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • OzzieMonkey;267512 said:
    I think that someone with a really strong jamaican accent should voice Captain Dread. Everytime I read the words 'Hey, mon' it just makes me think a jamaican voice would fit him.
    Surely there is but one choice?
  • Jake;267563 said:
    That would be tough considering all of Curse of Monkey Island was colored in Photoshop. As far as I know, only the actual outlines of the art were drawn in pencil and scanned in. That would be a lot of digital re-coloring. It would be cool though!
    But I think (I'm not sure about that, as both Bill Tiller and Bill Eaken couldn't remember exactly) the backgrounds were created at a slightly larger resolution and then scaled down (plus reduced in color). Probably not enough for HD...

Ah man, they should just get both Bills to re-color the backgrounds.
  • Can I just say, Patrick Stewart for narrator, and obviously ya gotta use Phil LaMarr for good ol' Captain Dread... Not only is he an extremely accomplished voice actor, but more importantly, on Futurama he is Hermes. Need I continue?

PS I am VERY EXCITED!!! One day I hope to be able to play all the Monkey Island games on my Xbox 360 and Wii!
  • In one of the trailers for MI:SE (I think) there was a little screenshot of some concept art (probably) for MI2 Guybrush (I think). Does anyone know what I'm talking about/want to post it? ^_^
  • Fealiks;267631 said:
    In one of the trailers for MI:SE (I think) there was a little screenshot of some concept art (probably) for MI2 Guybrush (I think). Does anyone know what I'm talking about/want to post it? ^_^
  • Hero1;267556 said:
    Yeah I was pretty sure this was gonna be released in April. I'm now one very happy Ps3 owner! I hope LucasArts also announce a Sam & Max:Hit the Road:SE while they are at it!
    An announcement is not the same as a release.
  • Sailorcuteness;267635 said:
    Yeah, that was it! Thanks.
    Kroms;267636 said:
    An announcement is not the same as a release.
    *fingers in ears* lalalalalayesitislalalala
  • Sailorcuteness;267635 said:
    Looks even worse than the SMI:SE model
  • I'm pretty sure they said that this was just a conceptual thing to see what would guybrush look like when he's older.
Add Comment