User Avatar Image

Devil's Playhouse Narrator Appreciation Thread

posted by Hero1 on - last edited - Viewed by 810 users
How good is the narrator that we see in The Devil's Playhouse trailer? The choice of the voice actor, and his voice acting is superb!

I bow down to his delivery of "Beyond the limits of human comprehension" :)
39 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • These telltale voice actors never cease to amaze me. I can never recognise them from one voice to the next.
  • avistew;269894 said:
    These telltale voice actors never cease to amaze me. I can never recognise them from one voice to the next.
    I find it odd that you're amazed. Isn't French dubbing made up of a relatively tiny group, with some people doing a large variety of very iconic roles?
  • I also sense a touch of Criswell in our narrator fantastico, there.
    Will;269871 said:
    For the curious, the Narrator is played by one Andrew Chaikin, aka Kid Beyond.
    I would never have guessed he was played by Andrew Chaikin in a million years. Dude is good!
  • I love how he says "power" in one syllable
  • Rather Dashing;269900 said:
    I find it odd that you're amazed. Isn't French dubbing made up of a relatively tiny group, with some people doing a large variety of very iconic roles?
    Yes.
    But they have the same voice for every one of their roles. Maybe a few of them don't, but most of them do. The most famous ones definitely do. There is a reason why they're famous: everybody knows it's them when they hear the voice. Because it's always the same freaking voice.
  • xChri5x;269908 said:
    I love how he says "power" in one syllable
    Like "Pauhrr" right?

Also, does anyone else expect the narrator to be part of the story later on? Like ending up to be the big bad guy, or something else?
  • He does say "welcome to my playhouse of the bizarre" in the trailer. I thought it was the Devil's Playhouse...

Am I the only person who thinks he looks like an older, dark haired Conroy Bumpus? Maybe it's just me.
  • tredlow;270000 said:
    Like "Pauhrr" right?

Also, does anyone else expect the narrator to be part of the story later on? Like ending up to be the big bad guy, or something else?
    Well it looks like he plays a significant part in the first episode at least. Which is great, I think they've created an intriguing character here. The character design is great as well, he has a very interesting look.
  • Shwoo;270008 said:
    He does say "welcome to my playhouse of the bizarre" in the trailer. I thought it was the Devil's Playhouse...

Am I the only person who thinks he looks like an older, dark haired Conroy Bumpus? Maybe it's just me.
    This is quite clear, he is the devil. Soda Poppers and Satan must have retired.
  • Will;269871 said:
    For the curious, the Narrator is played by one Andrew Chaikin, aka Kid Beyond.
    This guy is unbelievable.
Add Comment