User Avatar Image

DVD Available for Pre-Order!

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.5K users
Available in Standard, and Deluxe Edition including the pre-order Purcell slip cover and several other goodies. Also available are tarot cards and other awesome merch.

Telltale, I freaking love you guys.
536 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Ergh. When I started this thread, I was so excited. Now it just gives me a headache.
  • Hahaha, it means there's pieces of information that can be easily skipped over no matter how many times they're displayed, it happens to all of us. Maybe it was clarified in a blog post but not in the product description, but this particular fan didn't see the blog post and was in the dark. That's why we're here, in support, etc. There are certain things that you can message every which way that still might not reach the people they need to reach. It's not an implication, that would be hypocritical because I am a victim of that stuff all the time.
  • To be fair, though, you guys made a superb effort at it. I've had "plus the cost of shipping" drilled into my head from every direction for the past eight months, and the example above is absolutely the most subtle of all the times I've seen it.
  • Well, with an unfortunate implication I don't mean an actual implication, more like, you mean something but others might read it in a different way.
  • GuruGuru214;270980 said:
    To be fair, though, you guys made a superb effort at it. I've had "plus the cost of shipping" drilled into my head from every direction for the past eight months, and the example above is absolutely the most subtle of all the times I've seen it.
    But sometimes we mess up! It may seem like a pretty nasty surprise to those people and for that we apologize, but rest assured it was never meant as any sort of trickery- we like to cover our bases and keep people informed. It's a hard job sometimes, I guess that's why there's so many of us doing it!
  • Ok, so I am an ungrateful cunt, fair enough, but
    I have to pay...$16 again for a game that I already own, that was pretty average anyway. we get some cunting art work and wallpaper which presumably is predominantly viewable on the forums, Majus' amazing but available on Youtube animations
    Brill, and a demo/advert for another sam and max game.
    Can i trade in all the unused free games etc we were offered from the treasure hunt and pre order, to get free postage?

The small print was on the website, but not in the confirmation email, and is damn cheeky anyway, surely it doesnt cost £10 to ship a dvd
    And yes the small print does claim that only preorders will have the ltd edition cover
    'but only pre-order customers will receive the limited edition cover'
    which is on the website but omitted from the order confirmation email.
    The same smallprint also mentions the dvd shipping cost
    'shipping will be charged when you come back to order the Collector's DVD.'
    which is also omitted from the confirmation email

Sober up stop ranting, it will still be shit (and moderated) in the morning
  • nikasaur;270986 said:
    It's a hard job sometimes, I guess that's why there's so many of us doing it!
    Well, you can take comfort in the fact that a good bunch of us love you guys!
    GuruGuru214;270760 said:
    D'aww. Everyone, group hug on Nikki!
  • GuruGuru214;270975 said:
    Ergh. When I started this thread, I was so excited. Now it just gives me a headache.
    Sorry for ruining it for you.
    When I read my email i was excited...
  • I can understand where you guys are coming from, I just find it hard to imagine (though entirely plausible) that you missed every mention of the shipping charge. Like I said, most mentions of it were much less subtle than that asterisk in the link posted above. I just think Telltale has done a lot of awesome things for us, so I'm a bit hurt to see all this anger directed at them for something that's out of their control.
  • I'm sorry to hear of everyone's frustrations, and we share those same feelings with you, nobody likes to feel ripped off and we truly want the customer experience with Telltale to be a positive one. We are looking into the issue quite heavily.
Add Comment