User Avatar Image

Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse Preorder & Trailer! - The Penal Zone lands April 15

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 8.3K users

Whoa the game's announced! Starting a new thread here to talk about the trailer and whatever else, since the old one was full of leaks and holes.

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse

Trailer and stuff on the official site

Here's the official spiel: "The new season Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse is the biggest, strangest and most epic to date. As the saga begins, an otherworldy power for controlling matter and space calls to the strongest and strangest who might wield it - intergalactic warlords and eldritch gods, under-dwellers and scholars of the arcane.

Gaming's greatest dog and rabbit sleuths Sam & Max seek the power's ancient secrets, as Max gains shape shifting, teleportation, mind reading and future vision abilities for battling these foes. The saga plays out in a surreal 5 month-long symphony of mayhem that gets deeper and more twisted with each episode."

So how are you guys doing?
350 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Originally Posted by Will View Post
    WARNING, SPOILERS IN THE FOLLOWING LINK

Probably the most in-depth interview yet: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-...round/17-2141/

Chuck and I did this one a few days ago, so it's a slightly older build (mostly noticeable in the credits and a few other awesome things that Jake added).
    This game looks so good! I love the environments. If you look at Sam & Max's street in Hit the Road and then look at it for The Devil's Playhouse it's amazing. The gritty feel of the city is now captured. I can't wait to play this.
  • HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP! as Strong BAd would say.
  • Love the new lighting effects, I never usually notice lighting in games but it certainly helps to make the game look less cartoony and more like the comics. Cannot wait for new Sam and Max adventures!
  • splash1;270648 said:
    Wow, that has got to be the greatest achievement in Sam & Max since... well that time in Season 2 when Max gets on fire.
    Sorry to ask, but when did that happen? I can't remember anything like that. :confused:
  • Will;270378 said:
    WARNING, SPOILERS IN THE FOLLOWING LINK

Probably the most in-depth interview yet: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-sam-max-the-devils-playground/17-2141/

Chuck and I did this one a few days ago, so it's a slightly older build (mostly noticeable in the credits and a few other awesome things that Jake added).
    Absolutely beautiful and funny as hell, and I guess there are lots of "did you try?" possibilities even in the short prologue.

And I have no idea Sam is so agile.
  • Randulf;271316 said:
    And I have no idea Sam is so agile.
    I noticed that too. He was surprisingly quick on the forward rolls.
  • He's a cartoon! :D He has a surprisingly quick muscle dextarity.
  • Shwoo;271327 said:
    I noticed that too. He was surprisingly quick on the forward rolls.
    And with his hat keeping in place :D
  • Cue Indiana Jones style grabbing hat from under closing door... :p
This discussion has been closed.