User Avatar Image

Dunk: The Comic Creator

posted by Jennifer Moderator on - last edited - Viewed by 9.2K users
I love where this comic in a comic is going. :)

I loved the bear with antlers (I would love to have one of those shirts that Telltale had printed up :), and I love Gordon's eccentricity.

Gordon in a public park in hockey gear in the middle of summer can't end well. :D
226 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I can't see how it can be turned into a flat-page comic book... the sheer coolness of it comes from the little mouse-over animations. Admittedly, it took me probably 20 or 30 comics to figure out that there were mouse over animations, but once I did, and had re-read the comics I'd missed the punchlines on, I realised it was the only way to tell some of the jokes.

And why the jokes were so boring / I didn't get them when I couldn't mouse-over (Wonder if that's the photographer dudes problem? He doesn't mouse over, so doesn't see the jokes? See Issue #133)
  • User Avatar Image
    jmm
    Drats. I was actually expecting the future guy to translate Skank in the next strip, but we got Dunk instead.... oh well.

Maybe in a few weeks we'll finally get the translation of "Petrol" or "Solvent" (So we can start making that Skank-English Dictionary)
  • LazerFX;249977 said:
    I can't see how it can be turned into a flat-page comic book... the sheer coolness of it comes from the little mouse-over animations. Admittedly, it took me probably 20 or 30 comics to figure out that there were mouse over animations, but once I did, and had re-read the comics I'd missed the punchlines on, I realised it was the only way to tell some of the jokes.
    That the somehow comment comes in
  • 150 comics! Congratulations!
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    I love how Dunk's comic has captivated the mind of the park ranger so much that he completely forgot about his line of questioning as to why Gordon is wearing hockey gear in the park. :)

Now that's a fan. :D
  • Was there actually a smokiebare28?
  • Derwin;266775 said:
    Was there actually a smokiebare28?
    Oh... I hope not. The guy is now dead!
  • I always wondered if artists read awful internet comments. I love how Dunk just wants to let the rage flow.
  • Derwin;266775 said:
    Was there actually a smokiebare28?
    I don't recall the name, but yeah there was some jerk that got commenting disabled. Which is a shame, because some of the individual strip comments were actually funny.
  • That comic reminded me this forum even existed. Reading the comments at the bottom was almost as much fun as the comics themselves ;)
Add Comment